Forum Thread
[WIP]Project 1942RPG (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : [WIP]Project 1942RPG) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 17 2015 Anchor

Hello all, new to this forum and wanted to make a post about what I'm currently working on, introduce myself, and meet some people here. It's called Project 1942RPG right now, I don't yet have a title, that's just what I called it when I first created the project in Unity. I'd like to share my project with you to hopefully drum up some interest and get some critical feedback.

I guess I'll start with some W's...

Who?

- Project 1942RPG is developed by moaiHeadStudios. Which consists of me, I'm a new father and an automotive/mechanical engineer by profession. I call myself Olgo on the interwebs but that is only a gamer handle, which I liked, and it stuck. If you see a character named Olgo in an MMO, it is probably me. If you see a character named moaiHeadOlgo, it is definitely me.

What?

- Project 1942RPG is a top-down, pixel-art, high-fantasy inspired, Zelda-like. Right now, you can think of it as "Link To The Past meets Binding of Isaac but if Link were replaced by Gandalf and Gandalf had the arsenal of an Ultima Online / Diablo / Everquest wizard type character."

Where?

- Detroit-area Michigan, but that's irrelevant. More importantly, in my own fantasy world I'm creating in parallel as I develop my Unity projects. The initial reason I started making games was because I wanted to create a world and my own fantasy lore inspired by Forgotten Realms and Tolkien. I started to write a book to share my lore and realized I suck at writing books, and promptly found a new medium for my craft.

When?

- Still in early development. It isn't my only job or project, just a hobby that I really, really love. I've been working on random Unity projects for 4+ years and I've decided its time to hunker down and finish a game. Currently, I do not have a dedicated timeline, I'm just working toward a finished, polished project.

Why?

- The "why" is sprinkled throughout the past few paragraphs, however, I'd like to create games to share my own brand of fantasy lore, maybe supplement my income, and maybe-maybe make it my full-time job. Most importantly, because I love doing it. It's fun, I like writing code, I like making pixel art. I want to get better at both.

Cool Stuff - Features

- A storyline - rise to power, something, something, unrequited love, blah blah blah...

- Shops - Buy cool items / weapons / potions / gear.

- Procedurally Generated Dungeons!

- A spell book - pick up scrolls, add them to your spell book, choose spells appropriate for your current situation

- Bosses - you need boss fights!

- Wizard gear - hats! robes! weapons! to help power up your spells.

- A mana bar - I love a game with mana in it.

chain lightning test

Check my twitter to see continual updates and more fancy GIFs.

Thanks! Feel free to leave comments and feedback.

Edited by: moaiHeadOlgo

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.