Forum Thread
Poll: Welche Plattform würdet ihr bevorzugen? Which platform do you prefer? (26 votes)
Warhammer 40k 1. Tanith - First and Only Mod Idea (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Warhammer 40k 1. Tanith - First and Only Mod Idea) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 5 2014 Anchor

Hello people!

I wanted to start a poll on the topic on which game platform you would like to have a "First Tanith Mod" (with units, powers , campaign, and more) in the Warhammer 40k universe.

User Posted Image

To select there stands Company of Heroes and on the other hand Dawn of War - Winter Assault / Dark Crusade / Soulstorm .

The advantages of Company of Heroes would be:

- Very good graphics
- Integrated coverage and Verschanzungssystem
- Acceptable physics engine
- Fight doctrines ability trees
- Already well-integrated campaign system

cons:

- No existing models
- No to a few usable sound effects

In contrast, the Dawn of War series occurs with the add-ons Winter Assault / Dark Crusade / Soulstorm.

Advantages are :

- Suitable models
- Suitable sound effects
- Suitable skills
- Mod fits into the game environment

cons:

- No coverage system
- Medium graphics

The mod is meant as a full conversion , in which you play a campaign where the story is appeared to the buyable "Gaunts Ghosts" Books, written by Dan Abnett.
The Campaign could begin on the planet Tanith , where , for example, you have to collect troops and rescue them to the rescue ships.

During the campaign, this is the story of the first Tanith retold so that you witness the history and indeed with all their secrets , their grief , their voltage and the lives of heroic men, women and soldiers.
Among others, it would be possible to build other units after the battle or in part, during the fight in the Vervunhive, but since the first Tanith is an infantry regiment , which specializes in stealth , infiltration and commando operations , so you wouldn´t be able to build any vehicles and receive only support from allies NPC player with armored regiments.

I hope you all vote here!
Also, people dealing with the modding of above-mentioned Games may know feel free to contact me if you interest it would have to participate in the project.

If you have tips , suggestions or hints you bring it on .
Report to me here in the forum or add me on Skype ( dj_p_ger ) with the note that you want to support me with the mod .
Sincerely yours

PS: Sorry for my bad english! I hope everyone can understand me! If this is the false board area, please feel free to put it in the right area. ;)

Edited by: Indrik

Feb 11 2014 Anchor

I would very much like to see this happen. It pains me that there hasn't been any Tanith mods for the Dawn of War series (at least not completed that I've seen). This sounds like a great idea! Would you be against building the mod off of Dawn of War II rather than the first one?

Feb 11 2014 Anchor

if you made the mod for one of the DOW game i would be able to play it and if you had the space on your time i would love to help

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.