|Unveil: survival simulation||Post Reply|
|Jun 26 2014, 9:57pm Anchor|
I'd like to share some snapshots and videos from a Survival simulation game I've been working for almost a year now, called Unveil.
It relies heavily on Simulation for Weather, Plants, Fire, Fishing, etc... It's all about experimenting and figuring out how to survive in an island. Just man and nature. And because simulation recreates real life mechanics like wind shelters, heat accumulation in small caves, or (sometimes) predictable weather changes by reading it correctly, it comes down to your own instincts to make the next choice.
Also comes with super interesting battle mechanics and smart enemy AI, for the hunting aspects of the game.
It's all about trying to keep surviving while exploring the island, as you consume all local resources, cross through paths inhabited by wild animals, finding new sources of energy (food) and the next source of potable water. Although you can settle down for a while through farming and fishing when you find the right spot.
Please take a look at some of the content here in Indie DB, the website, or Twitter!
I intend to release Unveil during late 2014.
Have a nice day!
Edited by: PabloNeirotti
|Jun 27 2014, 10:32am Anchor|
The graphics are so cute!
On which platform are you intending to release Unveil?
|Jun 30 2014, 8:57pm Anchor|
Hi there! Thank you! I am actually on the way of finding a talented 2D artists to get on those graphics and make them Unveil.
Unveil is built using the RPG Maker engine, so only Windows for now. Unless, sure, they add support for exporting to other platforms. It's funny because I use a Mac
|Jul 2 2014, 3:53am Anchor|
I really like the graphics! The inventory looks great to. I would like to see different text prompts in game. E.g. when you fill up water you could randomly choose a prompt from a collection prompts. Also, you could a counter on how many times in a row a player has performed the same action, so when you fill up water for the third / fourth time the text is like.. 'Filling up my coconut shell with more water!'
Looking forward to seeing this develop!
|Jul 6 2014, 10:49pm Anchor|
Thank you! Actually I will be posting a new video soon showcasing the new UI changes. It looks pretty sweet If you don't mind, go ahead and follow the YouTube channel. I think you will find it very interesting.
As for the prompts, I see where you are going! And I like it. Actually, the game has some like that. In example, once a Fire Camp goes off, when interacting with it, the character will go "Well, it didn't last that long" or "That was a great fire camp if you ask me! Lasted for over 5 hours!".
But going back to prompts, I definitely want the conversation to feel natural, like in the Fire Camp one. It's changing and reacting according to how long something lasted or, in case of redoing an action over and over, keeping track of it - even keep track if we're doing it too often in a short period of time! The more natural it feels, the better.
So thank you very much for pointing that out and for your kind words! Please stay tuned
|Jul 8 2014, 3:59am Anchor|
I checked out your video and from the looks of it you have a lot done and working. I particularly liked the way you had the wind indicator and the clean GUI. Actually the entire GUI looks well done to me .
Glad to see I am not the only one using that engine here though Good luck, sounds like a good project and an interesting game hop you'd upload a demo soon.
|Jul 9 2014, 2:08pm Anchor|
How long has this been in development for? it looks great! Are all the scripts your using custom?
|Jul 18 2014, 1:59pm Anchor|
Looks fantastic man. Just sent you a PM.
Ghost Machine Orchestra
Composition - Sound Design - Project Management
|Jul 21 2014, 8:31am Anchor|
The videos look great. I agree about the GUI. It looks awesome. Reminds of something you might find on a DS game. Subbed!
|Aug 5 2014, 9:22am Anchor|
Oh hey guys! Sorry for idling!
Actually the RPG Maker tile set is the default one. I did some adjustments though. I think the trees are from other set... They are temporary anyways! .
As for the game, I've been working for almost a year on it now. I'd say 90% of the scripting is mine. The other 10% are like small tools or core engine fixes.
Speaking of UI, it keeps on growing and changing. I'd like to still dedicate more time to it so it's not just Lists & Panels (make it more gamey), however, here you may find an update to it.
I've posted a Fishing Mechanics video which, while it doesn't explore all the latest UI changes, it shows off some and fishing simulation as well! so do take a look.
Fishing Mechanics: Youtube.com
Thank you all again for your comments!
Edited by: PabloNeirotti
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.