Forum Thread
Unreal Championship 2 (Forums : Console Gaming : Unreal Championship 2) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 6 2005 Anchor

I just got the xbox demo and....wow...

I'm considering getting xbox live in the future because of this game. The melee with guns and the ability to launch yourself across the entire map in one try, and everything else that i just tried the little demo just blew me away.

It's weird how small the blood and gore is for an unreal game, expecially for a M-rated game. That might be changed before the release though.

Anyone else play it? If not, go get this months Official Xbox Magazine now!!!

Mar 6 2005 Anchor

*sigh*

Well, it'd be better if we stuck things to one thread ( Moddb.com ), but okay.

It was pretty fun, although I couldn't get used to the melee combat. I had plenty of difficult trying to jump up the short walls as well, and turning the camera around was annoying, but that's just because I hadn't set the sensitivity on the analog stick yet.

There's plenty of gore, as far as I'm concered. I tear someone apart with my claws, and body parts go flying all over the place.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Mar 6 2005 Anchor

Well that thread is about UC2's website.

And i remember some body parts, but most of the times when someone would die, all that would happen is that they would get sucked into a blue hole and re-spawn.

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Mar 6 2005 Anchor

id much rather just play ut2k4 on pc. i hate console fps. and what makes this different from any other unreal tournament tbh?

Mar 6 2005 Anchor

You have melee weapons, you can jump all over the walls, and you can easily switch from first to third person.

It's basically for those that can't run the PC version or don't have a PC. It's called porting to another system :P

--

Mar 6 2005 Anchor

Most new computers shouldnt have a probelm running UT2k4.... but yeah, mine isnt new. I am just not a fan of console fps I think it should stick to pc that goes for RTS to :P

--

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Mar 6 2005 Anchor

Karuto wrote: You have melee weapons, you can jump all over the walls, and you can easily switch from first to third person.

It's basically for those that can't run the PC version or don't have a PC. It's called porting to another system :P

if it was a port it would be called Unreal Tournament 2k4 on X-box. However this is unreal championship and a sequel to it so no its not a port. Whats the difference between Championship and Tournament?

Mar 6 2005 Anchor

Championship is on the Xbox, Tournament is on the PC. That's really the only difference in the names :P

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.