Forum Thread
Star Wars EaW FoC and Windows 10 Problem! (Forums : Support : Star Wars EaW FoC and Windows 10 Problem!) Locked
Thread Options
Ayane.Sakuragi
Ayane.Sakuragi The Deathly Ninja
Jun 15 2017 Anchor

Hi, and the problem I have is that I just resently got a new laptop that has windows 10. I have Star Wars EaW gold edition, and EaW works fine but when I try to play FoC it says to update my operating system to windows 2000 or better. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have tried Empire at War 1.05 Update and 2GB RAM & MP Lobby update but it still tells me to update my operating system.

--

The Shadows are my Ally

fva
fva
Jun 16 2017 Anchor

I don't have this game, but what you describe seems to be a compatibility issue. You can try the following: Right-click the game's exe and click Properties. On the new window, select the Compatibility tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode" box, and then use the drop-down list to select the version of windows you had when the game used to work. When you're done, click OK.

Ayane.Sakuragi
Jun 16 2017 Anchor

Ok I will try that, but which version do I select?

--

The Shadows are my Ally

fva
fva
Jun 16 2017 Anchor

If you have played this game in a previous version of windows and it worked, then choose that version. Otherwise, select different versions and see what happens. For instance, try windows 7, vista sp2, xp sp3, 98/me. My final choice would probably be the highest version that did the job (if any), but I'm just guessing here.

Ayane.Sakuragi
Jun 17 2017 Anchor

That didn't work, but I found a way to fix it.

--

The Shadows are my Ally

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.