Forum Thread
Spiderman 2 xbox review (Forums : Console Gaming : Spiderman 2 xbox review) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 30 2004 Anchor

Graphics: 6, The graphics weren't the best thing in this game, it lacked alot as if it was a rush job but I also think this game needed lesser graphics because the world was such a big place.

Gameplay: 8, The gameplay was alright for being a spiderman type game, on the xbox version the fps rate is quite good. I got no slow-downs so thats a plus.

Story: 5, I gave the story a 5 because this game changed everything about the movie in the game. Alot of the story didn't even make sense and didn't even seem as though it was worth playing. And they force you to do the same missions over and over again to gain hero points, and thats just plain ridiculous.

difficulty: Very lacking, the enemies in mission mode cgi are not smart. But the game is very weird since, some parts of the game are mad easy, and the next are near damn impossible. In other words, rush-job

- bad interaction between the people, you can only talk to people who are telling you a mission.

- bad graphics, for any system ps2 and or xbox, I played this on xbox and this looks like shit. The camera view zooms to far away from your character to see anything, and the people on the roads look really bad with bad poloygon and have less depth to there characters.

+ big environments to swing around like spidey.

+ Kicking bad guys asses and feeling that you have gave all you can for the people of New York.

+ You're spiderman!

overall: 70/100

recommendations, Rent this before Buying. This game isn't worth 50 bucks, yet I was foolish enough to throw my money away. Don't let the same happen to you. If you get the game, get it for the big ass environment to swing around on, I personally was expecting alot more. Sadly activision failed us, go play spiderman 1 if you want graphics, play spiderman 2 for its large environment but not its interactive environment since it won't impress you like riddick, because I heard the enviroment in riddick is very interactive.

Feel free to ask any questions about the game, and I will try to answer them the best of my ability.

-Jay

- Edited By klowns On Wed 30th, Jun 2004 @ 10:22:12pm

Dabaz
Dabaz Gamepositive.com
Jul 22 2004 Anchor

well i don't know that it's as bad as you say, but it's definatly a renter. i beat it in like 5 hours. I think 1up.com summed it up best "this first 15 minutes of the game are the most amazing 15 minutes you've ever played. But then you play them again, and again, and again".

--

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

Jul 22 2004 Anchor

Not to mention Kirsten Dunst offers some of the worst voice acting in any video game...ever! Just listening to her sounds like she's a robot.

EDIT: But that's okay. She's still really hot and I really like her, so I'll let it slide ^^

- Edited By Karuto On Thu 22nd, Jul 2004 @ 9:30:41am

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Jul 22 2004 Anchor

Agreed

--

Why wont it save me?

Jul 22 2004 Anchor

One - shame on you for advertising
Two - That auction is already over

hahaha

--

chis
chis Old man.
Jul 22 2004 Anchor

my dad got it today for PS2

i just been playing it

MAN its fun :D

--

Nothing.

Jul 22 2004 Anchor

Karuto wrote: One - shame on you for advertising
Two - That auction is already over

hahaha

hehe, it just shows off my sentiment for the game, good for a short while but definetly a renter.

--

Why wont it save me?

EvilFish
EvilFish The Only Official ModDB Fish
Jul 29 2004 Anchor

I actually loved the game. Web swinging and just roaming around doing stunts is the greatest thing ever! :thumbup:

chis
chis Old man.
Jul 29 2004 Anchor

the story line was shite, I wish they made a new one instead of following the comics :D
apart frmo that, I love the game , and im not much of a gamer, so ive been at it a week
where as my friend beat it in 4 hours :P

--

Nothing.

Jul 29 2004 Anchor

I also had a very fun time in the game, and I laughed at a lot of the witty humor and funny remarks. Not to mention it was really fun to swing around like Spiderman. Makes me wish I was him ^_^

Well, without all the enemies, of course...

--

EvilFish
EvilFish The Only Official ModDB Fish
Jul 29 2004 Anchor

The Narrator was hilarious, making fun of Spiderman and mocking him like that. *jolly laugh* What a card!

Jul 29 2004 Anchor

Card! WHere you from mate?

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.