Forum Thread
Space Opera Possible Mod -Doom 3- (Forums : Development Banter : Space Opera Possible Mod -Doom 3-) Locked
Thread Options
Leonardo-DiVinci
Leonardo-DiVinci UDK Megatkoyo-2041 Project
Nov 5 2004 Anchor

Anyone heard of Daft Punk before? Reason being there was a series of PMV's done by Daft Punk & Leiji Masumoto. Leiji Masumoto is one the greater Anime Creators, Queen Emeralda, Capt Harlock, Star Blazer AKA Space Cruiser Yamato.

The idea: To build up from where the last video left off at (No Spoilers Go D/L them to see what I mean). Guiding our Hero to rescuing the Kidnapped Band members. While doing this you(The Pilot) have to gather certain items to help the band members one by one regain thier memories by infiltrating the BIG BOSS's Main Data storage facility and grabbing thier orignal memories and eventually going thru the "procedure" to help you and the band escape from Terra 34 and back home thru the Gate Portal.

User Posted Image

Have made contact with Via Email To Mr. Masumoto & The Daft Punk Recording Group just awaiting what they say but what do "you" think about it?

--

User Posted Image

CyanideCotdPnuts
CyanideCotdPnuts Das Boot
Nov 5 2004 Anchor

Daft Punk is an acid trip.

--

When there is no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.
User Posted Image
"To judge a man's character, give him power."
Moddb.com - Epidemic Mod.

chis wrote:
You can prolly sue someone for looking at you wrong in america :|

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 5 2004 Anchor

True, thier music is quite good, plus the idea as a gaming experince would add to thier popularity as well. (not like they need it that much but would be fun :) )

--

User Posted Image

Nov 5 2004 Anchor

I love their music. It's perhaps one of the few bands of Techno I actually like (besides Moby and Crystal Method). A mod like that would be awesome :D

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

CyanideCotdPnuts
Nov 6 2004 Anchor

Actually Crystal Method is more of a.....House sort of music with some breakbeat stuff.However, an exception is Blood Rave :P

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 6 2004 Anchor

here is a fave pic that I'd like to replicate in Doom3 or even maybe UT2k3 or 4 (because its lil more friendly with lower end machines.

User Posted Image

I

*EDIT* Decided to go with UT2k3 and then a Ver 4 release afterwards. *EDIT*

Edited by (in order): Leonardo-DiVinci, Leonardo-DiVinci

--

User Posted Image

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 7 2004 Anchor

I've got a great response on this thanks guys. I've also had some bad feedback as "who would want to play it?" I think its a matter of opinion personaly. No one I know of has done a mod anime or related using anything conception wise relating with Leiji Masamoto, having Daft Punk involved is just icing as well. Great Music with Great Animation and a Kool story line.

Edited by: Leonardo-DiVinci

--

User Posted Image

sliptrigger
sliptrigger Leetness
Nov 7 2004 Anchor

only problem i see would be a short storyline... get a good playable story, and you got a mod in my opinion :)

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 7 2004 Anchor

Thats possible, but its a good start and a fun way to get things going while there is a small slump due to tech diffucults my side and another's. this is just a lil mod that should give some fun to a few other poeple out there.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 8 2004 Anchor

Of course, this is like your 4th or 5th mod. You need to make up your mind and go with an idea instead of dropping it and coming up with something else. You can have millions of ideas, but only one mod to start with. You need to make sure that this is a mod you're going to pour all of your imagination into, and won't let yourself wander about other things you could do. You can make other mods later, but first, just make one mod to show that you can do so. Just finish an idea, is all I'm saying.

--

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 8 2004 Anchor

It is? My 4th or 5th? no, I don't think so. I only have the "one" mod here at moddb. This one we're currentlly discussing would be #2......looks at Karuto :confused: you sure I'm doing like 5 Mods at one time? If so I do need to talk to myself more to catch up..... ;)

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 8 2004 Anchor

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

The Main Charater for the project.
Also posted for our modeller that will be helping out player model wise.

--

User Posted Image

CyanideCotdPnuts
Nov 8 2004 Anchor

I think he was referring to "five mods" as you having one, dropping it, then picking a new one up.

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 8 2004 Anchor

I didn't pick up or drop any other mods thought I just have The 2 UT2k3 mods thats it and one isn't even in production yet. But should be shortly.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 8 2004 Anchor

Why don't you focus on one mod and make that instead of working on 3 mods that haven't even gone into production? You're spiraling into dead man's zone there, buddy.

By the way, it's nice and all that you're posting all these pictures and all, but you're bound to get in trouble for using Leiji Masumoto's art without his permission :|

--

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 8 2004 Anchor

Karuto wrote: on Mon 8th, Nov 2004 @ 9:36:00pm]Why don't you focus on one mod and make that instead of working on 3 mods that haven't even gone into production? You're spiraling into dead man's zone there, buddy.

By the way, it's nice and all that you're posting all these pictures and all, but you're bound to get in trouble for using Leiji Masumoto's art without his permission :|

I only have only have 2 mods, where are you getting these

other numbers from????
The Current that is on haituse till my m/b is returned from rma.

The Latest is The "5555" Project. Which so far I haven't heard back from either group on saying no we're shutting you down emails as of yet. We have new team member who wil be revealed soon with a WIP of one of the Band members. NO Spoilers but will post up as soon as I hear a progress report from our man who is mad about max. (Studio that is)

--

User Posted Image

Nov 8 2004 Anchor

Yeah, it's good you quoted it, but are you going to say anything about it, or just accept what I have said? lol

--

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 8 2004 Anchor

Yea I saw that (Slaps his work browser around a bit) I editted that part. But Still there are no real issues ATM.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 8 2004 Anchor

Just because they're not aware of it doesn't mean they'll find out. After all, you have only posted this in a small forum. Whose to know that Daft Punk probably copyrighted these characters with licenses so as to not allow others to incorporate them into their own uses? You need to check this out before you make it an endeavor, for plenty of mods have failed this way (Even the CT remake for UT2k4).

You also said you had 2 UT mods that weren't in production yet and this mod, "5555", so that's 3 mods right there. Unless, of course you meant two mods that included this one, then, well, whatever. But the point still stands. Put all your energy towards one mod before spreading out to other projects. It's a worthwhile suggestion.

--

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 8 2004 Anchor

I understand what you're saying but as I posted earlier though,

Leonardo-DiVinci wrote: Have made contact with Via Email To Mr. Masumoto & The Daft Punk Recording Group just awaiting what they say but what do "you" think about it?

And so far there has been no emails as of yet but IF they do email us saying "No, please stop production", we will of course comply with those email requests. 4 days so far no response....(Crossing fingers) and yes We only have the ADP and The 5555 project which is at a early stage and just coming off the drawing board now and starting up. I've researched this and am going the same route I did with the ADP mod. Making contact with the appropriate parties making sure no toes are being stepped on and no infringments are being tresspassed upon.

Edited by (in order): Leonardo-DiVinci, Leonardo-DiVinci, Leonardo-DiVinci

--

User Posted Image

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 13 2004 Anchor

day 18 NO anwser back yet, so we are at least starting on the models.

--

User Posted Image

Leonardo-DiVinci
Nov 27 2004 Anchor

Jp-studios.com

let me know what -you- think.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 28 2004 Anchor

Leonardo-DiVinci wrote: Jp-studios.com

let me know what -you- think.

It has a mix of elements that individually have limited appeal and collectively have even less. It would not gain much acceptance in any gaming community and would be very difficult to get serious modders to work on. But, If you want to do this for personal satisfaction, by all means go for it. (I know I have a mod or two that fall into this category.) You should be prepared to learn a lot and do most of it yourself, though.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.