Forum Thread
Red alert 3: Apocalypse tank quotes (Forums : Development Banter : Red alert 3: Apocalypse tank quotes) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 7 2015 Anchor

Hello everyone.

I made the same thread in Audio and Visual, but I have the feeling that subforum isnt very active. So, I'll post it here.

I'm a big fan of Red Alert 3 and often play it cooperatively with friends against AI players (compstomp)

I have no idea how to mod for RA3. I know how to edit maps but that's it. I would really like to replace the Apocalypse Tank quotes from RA3 with those of RA2:Yuri's Revenge.
I was able to extract the quotes of RA2's Apoc tank and I rar'ed them. In case someone wants them, they're here: Dropbox.com

Anyway, can someone tell me how to replace the sounds in RA3?
I see three questions come with that: first, in RA3, when a unit is created, you hear the unit say something instead of having Eva say "Unit Ready" like in RA2. For the Apoc tank, I can use the RA2 variant of "Armageddon is here" for that.

Secondly, RA3 has some specific quotes for retreating units who are under fire ("Armageddon will wait"), units that are firing at something ("It soon shall be over") and when they are currently being fired at ("I will not be interrupted!")
These could simply be replaced by the standard move quote for retreating ones and the standard selection quote for the ones under fire and the ones firing at something.

Thirdly, the magnetic harpoon. I guess I could replace all quotes where the Apoc uses it with standard attacking quotes.

All that being said, can someone tell me how I can replace them? Please do assume I'm a noob at this so... the simpler you word it, the better.

Thanks!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.