Forum Thread
Project '88 by Pekka Vilpponen (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Project '88 by Pekka Vilpponen) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 7 2013 Anchor

Project '88 now available on iOS. I'm currently working on Android and Blackberry versions.

Project '88 on iTunes

Gameplay trailer

Oct 7 2013 Anchor

Hmmmm. Link to the Gameplay trailer doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm the only one.

Looks like it could be pretty cool from the screenshot though. Kinda reminds me of Torus Trooper right off the bat, which is a game that i love.

Oct 7 2013 Anchor

Pasty-white wrote: Hmmmm. Link to the Gameplay trailer doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm the only one.

Looks like it could be pretty cool from the screenshot though. Kinda reminds me of Torus Trooper right off the bat, which is a game that i love.

No, you're not only one. That's because that link goes to an "edit" mode on youtube, and as we aren't the uploaders of it, it wont work.

But no worries, here's the working link:

Youtube.com

And to the subject, this looks pretty cool. Any plans to release it on PC or any ETA for Android version? As a Finnish guy myself too, I would buy this just to support you, but don't have iOS devices.

Edited by: D0ssis

Oct 8 2013 Anchor

Pasty-white wrote: Hmmmm. Link to the Gameplay trailer doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm the only one.

Whoops, I fixed that...

D0ssis: thanks for the compliments. I actually have plans to release it on PC via Steam if I get through greenlight, I haven't released PC games on Steam before so that's completely new grounds for me and just have to see how that goes. But yeah, first Android version (and Blackberry Playbook if that goes relativeyl easily). Android version will probably be ready within a week or two. iOS version has Gamecenter powered high scores and it uses GC ahcievements to unlock final stage so I needed to build my own back end and UI for those. They're almost done but still need some tweaking and testing. And then some small Android related stuff and it's ready to launch.

High scores and achievements for Android version are now completed and I also added settings menu to all versions. In settings it's now possible to adjust sensitivity and alternatively use tilt controls as well. So I guess I'm posting iOS version 1.1 to review tonight but Android version still needs more testing.

Finally version 1.1 is in Apple's review after vicious software updating cycle, some missing tablets, broken data cables, problems with ISP, usual certificate and profile mess and some unexpected multiplatform bugs.

In 1.1 I added settings menu to adjust control's sensitivity and option to use tilt controls (which I recommend, it really works and sucks you into the game).Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish Android version last weekend due the problems I mentioned before but maybe (not promising anything) this weekend...

Version 1.1 for iOS is now released.

Finally the Android version is released and available at Google Play: Play.google.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.