Forum Thread
Portal 2 Style Help (Forums : Level Design : Portal 2 Style Help) Locked
Thread Options
BlabVoid
BlabVoid Strange Robot
Apr 6 2012 Anchor

Hello,

I'm mapping for Portal 2 and I was wondering if someone could help me with the hallways in Portal 2 that link the observation chambers (the offices basically).

In Portal 2 the only time you really ever come across the ones that aren't in Old Aperture is in the start of the game, but those are destroyed and there's many elements that are hard to place in a clean version of it.

The biggest problem I'm having is lighting, and I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this. I've tried lamps on the walls but those are just too annoying to figure out how to place in sequence.

I have decompiled and looked at the maps from Portal 2 in Hammer but I can't really seem to find any sources of lights in these hallways besides natural sunlight.
Besides that I've found a glass light that is present in the loading chamber between where you take Wheatley off his rail and GLaDOS' Chamber, but that's it.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks

- BV

EDIT: Nevermind. Sorry for wasting your time :P

Edited by: BlabVoid

Apr 7 2012 Anchor

Light Emitating Texture

BlabVoid
BlabVoid Strange Robot
Apr 7 2012 Anchor

Morgoth(TAdev) wrote: Light Emitating Texture

Well of course a light emitting texture would be great but where would I put it. How would I make it look more than just a block of light?

--

― BlabVoid,
Source Mapper
Graphics Designer 

Apr 12 2012 Anchor

Did you complete Portal 2 first? Always play the game you are about to map. It's easier to map then.

BlabVoid
BlabVoid Strange Robot
Apr 12 2012 Anchor

Rapsis wrote: Did you complete Portal 2 first? Always play the game you are about to map. It's easier to map then.

Yes I have beat it at least four times.

--

― BlabVoid,
Source Mapper
Graphics Designer 

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.