Forum Thread
Odd ambient_generic problem Hammer editor / Half-Life 1 (Forums : Level Design : Odd ambient_generic problem Hammer editor / Half-Life 1) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 11 2013 Anchor

I'm having a very odd ambient_generic problem in my mod. Maybe someone here has had the same problem.

In almost all of the maps in this single player mod for Half-Life there are ambient_generic entitys. As I approach the sound ingame, the sound is not playing. There is no trigger required for the sound to play. Some of the sounds are set to play in different radius's. None of the sounds' attributes have been changed at all. They are all stock half-life sounds. There are no custom sounds. The only thing changed about the sounds are: a flag being ticked to play the sound in a small/medium/large/everywhere radius.

However, if I quicksave the level ingame then quickload the level immediately after, the sounds work perfectly. After every level change, as I run through the mod, if I quicksave/quickload - then the sounds work fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am very anxious to get my mod out there for people to play, but I will not release it until I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks ahead for any constructive feedback.

The Challenger Deep 2

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.