Forum Thread
Modding Position open to all in BF 1942 community (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Modding Position open to all in BF 1942 community) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 9 2004 Anchor

first off i am new to the community so i would like to say hi.

Second i am looking to start a new mod within the BF 1942 community. I call it Battlefield Firefighter. It is basically a firefighting mod. i already have some big plans for it but i only have the knowledge listed in my signature.

I need the following positions to be filled:

• 2D Artist
  • Skinner
  • Modeller (mesh and skeleton work)
  • Coder (aka scripting)
  • BOT Support (explained in detail to applicants later)

I already have an applicant who may be able to help on the fire but i am not sure completely. i suggest that you check out the website and see what i have in mind. Further pics will be given to those who apply and start skinning and making the mesh for most of the vehicles.

all applications can email me at usa1288@comcast.net

- Edited By usa1288 On Mon 9th, Feb 2004 @ 8:11:06pm

--

Operation: Final Run
Project Lead/Mapper/Webmonkey

ofr.atspace.com

User Posted Image

EvilFish
EvilFish The Only Official ModDB Fish
Feb 9 2004 Anchor

Thi is kinda off-topic, but Peter Jackson developed code for computer-generated fire for the Lord of the Rings movies that works really well. I'm not sure if you'd be able to get it, or where, but its worth looking into
And regarding the mod: Sounds really interesting. How would multiplayer work? Will it even have multiplayer?

- Edited By EvilFish On Mon 9th, Feb 2004 @ 8:27:28pm

Feb 9 2004 Anchor

Can you give more details regarding gameplay? As in, is it multiplayer or singleplayer as well what exactly are you going to be doing? I mean, what ride around looking for fires and putting them out? Just curious as to exactly what this game will entail since I really don't see much that can be done with it. But that could just be me not seeing it.

--

"I'm the Robenator. Could some one make me a mod that is single player. I want it to be about a CIA agent name James Ryan. His mission to take down a terrorest leader bend on taking over the world. You use everything from silenced weapons to Mini-Guns. If you want to make this mod for me plz tell me.."

To the slow ones, this isn't my idea, it's quoted from here.

Current project:
WiMP

Feb 9 2004 Anchor

EvilFish wrote: Thi is kinda off-topic, but Peter Jackson developed code for computer-generated fire for the Lord of the Rings movies that works really well. I'm not sure if you'd be able to get it, or where, but its worth looking into
And regarding the mod: Sounds really interesting. How would multiplayer work? Will it even have multiplayer?

I highly doubt Peter Jackson wrote that or even knew anything about it himself ;)

--

User Posted Image

Feb 9 2004 Anchor

How do you fight with fire though? Throw flaming sticks? Napalm? FlameThrower?

--

Conflict: Middle East

Moddb Snowblower

Feb 9 2004 Anchor

What's the point of the mod? All you've told us is a title. What sort of gameplay/map design . . . everything. Tell us something to go on.

EvilFish
EvilFish The Only Official ModDB Fish
Feb 9 2004 Anchor

SeienAbunae wrote:

EvilFish wrote: Thi is kinda off-topic, but Peter Jackson developed code for computer-generated fire for the Lord of the Rings movies that works really well. I'm not sure if you'd be able to get it, or where, but its worth looking into

I highly doubt Peter Jackson wrote that or even knew anything about it himself ;)

I really don't know... when I said peter Jackson, I more meant WETA, the digital guys working under him. I doubt he knew anything as well!

Feb 10 2004 Anchor

It is a multiplayer mod. It is going to be co-op. Basically my theory is that the fire will basically be a bot. you touch it and you die (duh).

since it is a bot you will have to "kill" it before you can capture the flag. There will be one flag per room for homes and one per floor for multipule story buildings. you would basically have to put out the fire to gain control of that room/floor. however once you extinguish a fire in a room/floor it will spawn in/on the next one making it more difficult to fight it off.

i am also going to make this as realalistic as possible. this makes it more challenging in many ways.

first off. Smoke is not all white and easy to see through. It is very dark and thick. you can barely see five feet in front of you. this is why firefighters have flashlights. Also it is extremely noisy inside a fire. this can create confusion, especially in a tight spot. I also plan to make the BA(breathing apparatus) and flashlights manually controlled to keep the player more alert.

The fires will be contained to a single building marked on the map unless the map is meant to simulate spread of fire to other buildings, in which case it will be stated somewhere.

For fighting the fire there will be the following categories with what they have to use.

everyone gets a fire extinguisher, a main way to fight the fire, and possibly an axe.

Fire Police get 1 1/2" line for whatever

Attack line gets 1 3/4" attack line

Support line gets 2 1/2" support line

EMT gets medical kit (however he can use deluge and boom)

Mechanic gets portable deluge gun

as for maps right now i am planning on making a mock-up of a fire about a year ago that happened in my township and i think ended up killing a mentally disabled person. i will have to listen to the scanner recording. I am also planning on making a trade center map for a 9-11 memory type thing. i would also like to point out that scanner recordings that i can obtain of calls will be worked into the game like a radio in EOD on hill 937 at the fire house and like the radio in DC in the apparatus.

as for uses of vehicles here is a small list:

pumper has deluge gun on top

boom has boom on top that can be maneuvered around and pointed in windows to put out fires

special services acts as transport and provides light and refills the BAs

Hazmat acts as transport (may implement hazmat team into game later)

Ambulance heals and acts as transport for wounded and EMTs

Chief truck acts as transport

i guess that covers all the questions for now.

oh btw i have someone that may be able to do fire. if not i will get in contact with this peter jackson guy.

--

Operation: Final Run
Project Lead/Mapper/Webmonkey

ofr.atspace.com

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.