Forum Thread
Mechanized Nightmare Part 3: Going Down (Forums : General Banter : Mechanized Nightmare Part 3: Going Down) Locked
Thread Options
Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Jan 21 2005 Anchor

Another spot of improvisation of my wildly popular (I wish)Mechanized Nightmare series. Once again, this is copyrighted. I'll be persuaded with a large amount of money to sell the rights to you. -Alex Jackson.

My brain quickly ran through the options. Run, and have my metal underparts get damaged, thus rendering me ineffective if further combat occurs, and still be here, or kill these guys lightning quick, and hack the shit out of the door when I was done. "Let's roll!" 'Cortana' said. That was the pet name I had given to her. It was fitting. It really was like a video game. "How about a bit of mood music?" Cortana said. "Which do you want?" I perused the list. Slipknot, Guns 'n' Roses, Three Days Grace, KoRn...I settled on KoRn. Immediately, "Shoots and Ladders" started blaring in my ears. I pulled the trigger as I dived behind the desk. Blood spurted as the bullets that my gun threw at him caught him in the head. Little pieces of bone pocked the wall behind him, as well as chunks of brain accompanied with a high pitched scream.

84 seconds later ... This was going on longer than I had expected. I was getting weak, if you can believe it. I had been hit twice in the arm, and once, a bullet went through my lower left torso. The life support systems were keeping me alive, but my armor was starting to weaken and buckle as more and more 12.9 millimeter bullets hit me. I was in severe pain, and my targeting system was going fucking crazy. The crosshair was jumping around like hell. The guys were set up in a formation that Cortana described as "Fucking tough to break." How nice she put it. I noticed a cache of grenades. Took me long enough. If it was a snake, it'd have bit me. It attached to my magnetic pads, and a little clock display appeared in the lower right HUD. It said that to achieve maximum effectiveness, cook them off for 2 seconds. It'd tell me when to throw. I pulled the pin, and it exploded on the pin leaving the hole in the top of the grenade. My vision turned red, alarms were going off in my head, and Cortana was yelling something...but I was too lost in my own pain to hear it. It sounded like a shriek of pure pain. My last words I muttered before consciousness was regained was "Booby trap".

The chair metal was cold and hard. The man in front of me was scanned, and was identified as a base Lieutenant. Blood was filling in my mouth. "Fuck!" I rasped, as blood splashed what was left of my clothes. Luckily, no metal was showing. The numerous bulletholes didn't penetrate, except for the one that went through my torso, and it was already healing. The base CO spoke with a heavy Russian drawl. "Avake arr ve?" I managed to nod. "Don't play games wizmeyou damned spy!"
"Eat shit!" I yelled, spilling a bit more blood, a fresh trail running from my mouth. The butt of a gun slammed into my face. My nose let out a sickening crunch. Apparently they didn't do rhinoplasty to me. Blood pooled from my nose as I lied there on the ground. Pain wracked me. Even with novocane flowing into my body, the pain was still too much to bear. Too much to stand, too little to pass out. I was trapped in hell. "Uhhhhhhgn....." I groaned. The room was deadly silent. The only noise besides the whupwhupwhup of the cieling fan was the dripdrip...dripdripdrip...drip... of my nose. I'm pretty sure someone laughed. Sadistic communists, the lot of them. A needle approached my neck, and punctured. A sort of total recall enveloped me. I really had been awake the entire time surgery happened on my body. I saw, and simultaneously felt every slice...every skin graft...every single image. I had been given a amnesiac. I let out a scream. One incredibly loud scream. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHH!!" I keened. The lieutenant turned beet red.
"Injekt! Injekt dammit!" They injected. Once again, darkness eveloped me.

Edited by: Sticky

Jan 22 2005 Anchor

17 hours, and no input. Should I be suprised? :eyebrow:

Tomato-Killer
Tomato-Killer thats what yo mama said
Jan 22 2005 Anchor

I liked it, didn't get what was going on tho, should read the previous ones :paranoid: too lazy tho

--

User Posted Image

Jan 22 2005 Anchor

I'd like to think that in this one, it's getting back to the general idea that I had at the start. The brunt of the first and second parts was defining characters and the entity inside Frank's head. Also, a lot of this one and the second part was the bunker level from N64's Goldeneye. Thanks for the inspiration Rareware! :D

VegasTheWZAd
VegasTheWZAd Skull Servant
Jan 22 2005 Anchor

interesting...

Jan 22 2005 Anchor

What? The inspiration, the story, or both? :D

VegasTheWZAd
VegasTheWZAd Skull Servant
Jan 22 2005 Anchor

Sticky wrote: What? The inspiration, the story, or both? :D

all of it dude, nice.

Jan 23 2005 Anchor

Tanx for the input! Expect part four soon.

[fast low voice]
"Soon does not imply that it will actually be soon. 'Soon' is a loose term and nothing more."
[/fast low voice]

TheDebonairNomad
TheDebonairNomad Selectively Ignorant.
Jan 23 2005 Anchor

How come no one uses Perfect-Dark as inspiration! ;(

nice story man. :thumbup:

Edited by: TheDebonairNomad

--

I'm the Bringer of Death, Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or Give me a Sandwich I'm hungry.

Jan 23 2005 Anchor

Mainly because Perfect Dark is too weird. Floating robots and laptops that deploy into sentry cannons is just plain odd.

Also, thanks.

TheDebonairNomad
TheDebonairNomad Selectively Ignorant.
Jan 23 2005 Anchor

Hell Goldeneye is w3rd too as I recall Bond didn't detonate the bomb packs/mines with his watch in the movie plus PD is in the future, Although I do admit the little green Alien named Elvis was different but hey I had never seen two pixelated models with very stiff animations make out until I had played Goldeneye either.

Edited by: TheDebonairNomad

--

I'm the Bringer of Death, Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or Give me a Sandwich I'm hungry.

Jan 26 2005 Anchor

That is true. A blocky Bond making out with a blocky Natalya is just weird. Ouch! Pointy!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.