Forum Thread
Maya 2014 on Ubuntu 13.01 - PLEASE HELP!! (Forums : Support : Maya 2014 on Ubuntu 13.01 - PLEASE HELP!!) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 25 2014 Anchor

I am having difficulty installing Maya on Ubuntu
I've been trying to install maya on my ubuntu with a lot of difficulty

1. I tried following instructions on the Autodesk website which said to simply run "sudo rpm -ivh --force Maya2014_64-2014.0-986.x86_64.rpm adlmapps7-7.0.51-0.x86_64.rpm adlmflexnetclient-7.0.51-0.x86_64.rpm" I kept getting "error: Failed dependencies: /bin/sh is needed by Maya...."
I looked up this error and apparently someone said that it's to do with the rpmDB being corrupted, so I reinstalled that with no result
2. I tried simply sunning the "./setup" and it seemed to work for a bit, actually bringing the installer window and asking for serial numbers and all that. I put in my productID and serial that I got for the windows version and it all gets accepted, but then when I click the install button, the installation just fails
3. I tried using alien, converting rpms to debs, installing them manually 1-by-1 by double clicking and going through the software installer, then doing the "sudo apt-get install" for each package, It seemed to be working, it was creating the files and directories where it's supposed to go, but I still wasn't able to actually RUN maya
4. I found a script on here: Gist.github.com but when I tried running it it had errors and wouldn't work, so I followed along with the commands but I get to the "license" section and I don't know what to do
I've been at this for like a good solid week and I really need maya for projects
I also tried installing the windows version through wine which seemed really promising until it started asking for .Net Framework v4.0 which my computer already says it has, but the installer doesn't seem to see it.
It's really frustrating.

Please help

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.