Forum Thread
How does the top 100 games ranking system work? (Forums : General Banter : How does the top 100 games ranking system work?) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 25 2013 Anchor

9 hours ago I posted my time travel hacking game "Histacom" on indiedb and since then it has had almost 1,000 views. I've watched it rapidly jump up all the way to 13th (make that 14th now) place in the top 100 games list. What has caused this to happen? What is the cause of games being ranked in the order they are on this website? Is this just a temporary thing that happens to all games posted on indie db? Will it drop down to last place or something soon?

An explaination of the ranking system, how it works and why my game has reached 13th position would be fantastic, thanks in advance for your help ;)

Edited by: 12padams

Jan 25 2013 Anchor

Its how active people are on your profile, the more unique hits = the higher you are.
or something like that.

Jan 25 2013 Anchor

Helmlock wrote: Its how active people are on your profile, the more unique hits = the higher you are.
or something like that.

Ah ok thanks ;) Do all games uploaded within the first 24 hours instantly go up to the top 20ish of the ranks?

Edited by: 12padams

Jan 25 2013 Anchor

That's how it works, the ranking system is based only on the current day's views so when you create a game or whenever you publish an update (putting your game on the front page,) you'll almost certainly get in the top 100 for that day. It's only the really popular games that manage to stay in the top 100 even when they don't have a news post that day.

Edited by: GaldorStudios

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Jan 28 2013 Anchor

GaldorStudios wrote: That's how it works, the ranking system is based only on the current day's views so when you create a game or whenever you publish an update (putting your game on the front page,) you'll almost certainly get in the top 100 for that day. It's only the really popular games that manage to stay in the top 100 even when they don't have a news post that day.

It is actually hourly visitors to a profile. So if you keep up the content daily chances are you will stay in the top 100 easily.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.