Forum Thread
HL 2 - Checking if the player has placed an entity on a location (Forums : Level Design : HL 2 - Checking if the player has placed an entity on a location) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 30 2008 Anchor

...Somthing like in hl2 where you put the battery in things, I am looking to see if the player places a SPECIFIC object on/near a SPECIFIC spot..

THANKS !!!! <!-- Start add - Bottom aligned signature MOD -->

burninwater
burninwater Full time slacker
Oct 1 2008 Anchor

if noone has posted how to do this before i get back i will post it up for ya :> (gotta head out right now :<)

As promised
create a physics object and name it something pretty
After that, ya have to create a trigger_multiple in the area where ya want the stuff to get triggered, enable the physics flag in the trigger_multiple
create a filter entity that only allows your entity, and add it to the right field in the trigger_multiple (trigger field) and have fun (ya add the filter to prevent other physic objects to trigger the event ya want)

Edited by: burninwater

Oct 1 2008 Anchor

cool...

Im with ya...

But the trigger system itself is some what new and scary to me..So, say once said objectin is in said place, and I want a door to open...Does the TRIGGER MULTIPLE spit out a trigger tellng teh door to open? If so...hows that all look?

make sense?
So to sum up -

Player takes , say, a body, to a specific location , once there, a door opens....

burninwater
burninwater Full time slacker
Oct 2 2008 Anchor

yeah, presuming ya set the logic up i posted in the other post its quite simple

edit:
the filter ya need is filter_activator_name

(if i remmber rite atleast :P)
set this up in the filter (not the trigger entity srry :P),
output: onpass
Target entities: door
Via this input: Open

that should do the trick :)

Edited by: burninwater

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.