Forum Thread
gta 3 mod (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : gta 3 mod) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 14 2003 Anchor

i got a ideas for a mod it called small town auto theft or stat and i have started on it a little i need a help u know like mappers and programers and 3d or 2d artist and movie makers and modlers. well it you want to help me e-mail me at hero65559@yahoo.com by the way i am the leader and the story writter. plz help me make my dream live and be come real.

--

Men fight battles, Believers cause wars, Gods finish them

Apr 14 2003 Anchor

You're going to need to be more specific, m8. GTA3 is a giant game, and you will need a lot of knowledge to do this. Are you familiar with the main.scm? Are you aware that no one has successfully added new animations to it? Do you know how to create collision files? What do you plan on doing as far as the city and vehicles are concerned? You might be better off waiting another month for Vice City to come out, because there will be pre-programmed animations in it that were not available with GTA3, as well as more space for vehicles, new maps, etc.

So answer meh. :)

Apr 14 2003 Anchor

When i am awhere that no has sucessfully added animations to it and i got some knowledge about the other stuff. i would wait for vice city but i dont think i am going to have the money to buy it..

--

Apr 14 2003 Anchor

Oh, well VC could prove to be more successful for you. What about my other questions?

Apr 14 2003 Anchor

all i want to do with my mod is to change missions, some cars, wepeons, menus, down size the city to a small town in the country side, and characters. i have started on the menus. and i am needing some help so if you want to help 40ozFreak e-mail me and if any other people want to help e-mail me to at bam10@hotmail.com

--

May 8 2003 Anchor

maybe you should start of small

--

My pic-The push within life’s circle

May 8 2003 Anchor

what do you mean?

--

May 8 2003 Anchor

That's a gigantic undertaking. We've been working on San Angeles since last July, and we still aren't done. Our mod is as ambitious as yours, and I don't know if you realize how much work that is. You most certainly are capable of it, but maybe you should start smaller and slowly add onto it as you go.

May 8 2003 Anchor

well the 1st public test well only have new people skins, new skins for buildings, some cars skins, all of the menus and, maybe a new hud. The second one well include new mapping in the frist island. 3rd one will be new mapp for 2nd island and the final one is for 3rd island. that is how it well work i hope.

--

May 9 2003 Anchor

That's cool. Who is going to be the programmer for your team? I know I've asked before, but I'm just clarifying. You familiar with main.scm? Also, what part of the map do you plan on editing, and to what end?

May 9 2003 Anchor

well i think i am going to get some one to be the progame the main.scm file. and i plan to start with the 1st island and go to the next and the next. and i want to take out the big building and make it with alot more house and some 2 story buildings bank cop station fire station mail station. ect.

--

May 9 2003 Anchor

That's cool. What skills do you possess?

May 9 2003 Anchor

well mostly web master and skinner

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.