Forum Thread
Game Development Update #1 [Action platformer game] (Forums : Development Banter : Game Development Update #1 [Action platformer game]) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 6 2017 Anchor

Jack Fly.PNG

Hi everyone!
My friend and I started developing a new game over the summer. We haven’t come up with a name yet, but it will be an action-adventure game in which the player is put on a mission to harvest emotions. Currently it is single player, however, we are debating whether to integrate local multiplayer into the game since playing with friends is generally more fun. Currently, we are focusing on the gameplay mechanics and designing fun and challenging levels.

The gameplay revolves around controlling a bouncing ball that is thrown out and pulled back in.

In order to damage or kill enemies, the player will have to charge up the ball by hitting enemies with it. Once it is fully charged, you can detonate it to do damage.

The player also has a teleportation skill and a jet pack that allows him to fly.

These two mobility skills combined with the ball mechanics allows for a very intense gameplay and challenging levels.

The story of the game will revolve around the player being put on a mission to harvest emotions from defeated enemies, and the reason for doing so will be slowly uncovered through out the game.

So far we have designed a handful of levels with the mechanics mentioned above, and we are working on adding more mechanics into the game. The art aspect of the game is still in progress, so it will definitely look a lot better in the future!

exploding ball.PNG

I hope you guys like what you see so far, your feedback would mean a lot to me. We will post a small playable demo soon for those who are interested in trying out the game.

We will try to post our updates here regularly, I hope to take you along this journey with us!

Follow us on our other social media as well!
Facebook.com
Twitter.com

Edited by: notrodta

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.