Forum Thread
FXEnhancer for Blood 2: The Chosen? (Forums : Support : FXEnhancer for Blood 2: The Chosen?) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 15 2012 Anchor

I just registered here to post this, since there don't really seem to be any active Blood sites left.

Anyway, I just recently installed Blood 2 and I read that the FXEhancer mod changes some parts of the game and is quite liked among players. So I decided to try it out. I found two different versions;

fxe3testPATCH.zip
fxenhancer.exe

The second is hosted here. However, neither version seems to do all that it claims.

fxenhancer.exe contains a small readme.txt file, which doesn't even list what version number it is, let alone what it does.

fxe3testPATCH.zip, which I got from FilePlanet, contains a detailed readme.txt that tells you that you will find new rez files in three different resolutions (nope, not there) and details a long list of impressive changes. These include, changes to the weapon behavior, new title screen, new HUD graphics, new fanatic taunts, un-bleeped swearing by civilians, etc. The problem is that even though it appears to be installed correctly according to the version string, the only change I can see is that the weapons behave a little differently. The swearing is still bleeped, the fanatics still use the same three English taunts, all the graphics are the same etc.

Did I get an incomplete version, does it not do all that the readme promises, or did I do something wrong? Other than not installing the rez file for the resolution I'm using (because it wasn't included), I followed the installation instructions and the main menu says that it's active. I tried the one from here and the results were the same (only the weapon behavior was changed)

I know there probably aren't many players of this game left, as it doesn't seem to be that popular, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.