Forum Thread
First game, EVER (link to playable game from 1962!) (Forums : PC Gaming : First game, EVER (link to playable game from 1962!)) Locked
Thread Options
San-J
San-J ascetic aesthetic
Mar 4 2005 Anchor

People are constantly talking about the first RPG, the first FPS, etc.. But few people actually realize that gaming can be traced back long before leveling up. The game that started it all?

Spacewar!, written by some true veterans of gaming in 1962, on the PDP-1, a very early prototype "computer". Yep, gaming celebrated it's 42nd aniversary last year. Makes you feel young, doesn't it?

While Spacewar isn't exactly very fun when compared to modern games, it's pretty sweet to know that you are playing a game written 43 years ago. And yes, this version does use the original code. It feels much like a combination of Asteroids and a jousting simulation..

Without further ado, I present to you: THE FIRST GAME EVER.

Enjoy.
~Sangye

--

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Mar 4 2005 Anchor

Cool. I enjoy using the sun as a slingshot

Edited by (in order): frosty-theaussie, frosty-theaussie, frosty-theaussie, frosty-theaussie

--

User Posted Image

Spector
Spector WWIII
Mar 4 2005 Anchor

that could be entertaining for awhile, very fung sway!

--

snetErz.com - Web Design
Some guy in the space time continuum.

Mar 4 2005 Anchor

hehe, its a dream come true, always wanted to play it.

I feel sorry for whoever typed in all the code.

chis
chis Old man.
Mar 4 2005 Anchor

It's freaking hard :P

--

Nothing.

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Mar 4 2005 Anchor

There is no point to it! Awesome!

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.