Forum Thread
Dual Conflict 2003 (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Dual Conflict 2003) Locked
Thread Options
May 11 2003 Anchor

What engine do you think would be best to creat a MMORPG war game. Where both ground and air combat (planes and vehicles of all types) is balanced and also can handle roleplay elements such as leveling up and earning skills. My team has been thinking to go with one of these three engines: BF1942 (for the balance in air and ground, plus it has the physics we need for a big war), UT2K3 (graphicly and engine handles vehicles well i hear), or HL2 (supposed to be very modding friendly but not sure about vehicles or air vehicles for that matter). Any help on deciding a good engine will be appreciated! Right now we're thinking BF1942, but not positive, Thanx again...

--

"Yup,
My great advise saved the day." - Cid - FF7

May 11 2003 Anchor

Well I'd say BF, or HL-2 rumors say that you get to fly a helicopter (?) in it

--

Only 463 characters remaining! Oh no!

May 11 2003 Anchor

Go with something new like HL. Because then you get a up on things
(whatever that means). I'm saying this mainly because BF already can do the stuff you've mentioned and it wouldn't be much of a change.
Plus hypeing up a mod on Half-life would be easier.

May 11 2003 Anchor

I think I get what you mean, but I'm just saying to use the bf1942 engine for the air and ground combat balance. It would still be very different then what bf is now. But I think our main choice is now between HL2 and BF1942. Thanx in advance for any other help or suggestions on an engine, or even one that hasn't been mentioned yet for a possiblity. Thanx though.

--

"Yup,

May 11 2003 Anchor

Yeah. HL2 is going to be very moddable. So they say... :ph34r:

--

Only 463 characters remaining! Oh no!

natko1
natko1 Jesus was homeless
May 13 2003 Anchor

Im not getting the point hereO_o

--

I'm around. Will be active soon.

PsychoFarmer
PsychoFarmer modDB King
May 13 2003 Anchor

bf42 is a pain in the ass to mod, from all that ive heard... lego warz even ditched it in favor of op:flashpoint... check that out also to mod

--

User Posted Image

May 13 2003 Anchor

I would go with HL2 myself but really the call is up to you and your team... also dont exclude tf from it!

--

natko1
natko1 Jesus was homeless
May 14 2003 Anchor

PsychoFarmer wrote: bf42 is a pain in the ass to mod, from all that ive heard... lego warz even ditched it in favor of op:flashpoint... check that out also to mod

You heard right.....

--

I'm around. Will be active soon.

May 22 2003 Anchor

No more war games its just sad now!!!

--

My pic-The push within life’s circle

May 22 2003 Anchor

This isn't like any of the other war games... trust me

--

"Yup,

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.