Forum Thread
Doom 3 mods not working, please help. (Forums : Support : Doom 3 mods not working, please help.) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 20 2014 Anchor

Yes hello, I have been trying to get sikkmod,wulfens texture pack 1.0, and monoxead hr textures to run on my downloaded from steam doom 3. There is some issues that are quite frustrating to me and to be honest I have troubleshooted everything I could as you will see in the pics that I provide. Firstly here are my specs
-AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz AM3+ socket processor
-ASUS R9270X 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card x2
-ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ 990FX Gaming Motherboard
-AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series 16GB RAM (4 DIMMS)
- SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ 250GB SSD
-Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
-Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower Case. (chassis)
-PSU CORSAIR | RM1000 R
-Cooler Master Seidon 120M Closed Loop Water CPU Cooler.
-Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Silver Thermal Compound.
-ASUS DRW 24X DVD Burner Optical Drive
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

And here is the pics of my directory,sikkmod, I have in game pics I can email someone since I cant find a decent site that will accept the file sizes. Doom 3 and sikkmod directory below.

I replaced Wulfens texture pack 1.0 with the co existing models, parallax occulsion mapping and texture folders.(above) My doom 3 sikkmod doom config resolution settings (below)

Doom 3 aspect ratio in config set to my monitor's specs which is 16:9 1920x1080

Things I have tried and to no good result.

1. Redownloading Doom 3 altogether
2. Turned off CCC in processes due to my possession of an ATI graphics card. (I thought it was conflicting)
3. Copy and pasted a co exisiting doom 3 config in a 1920x1080 resolution
4. Reinstalled the mods.
5. Turned off AA and AST
6. Turned off bloom in game
7. Turned off DoF
8. Turned off HDR
9. Motion blur is set to camera
10. Shadows is off
11. SSAO is off
12. SSIL is off
13. Sun FX is off

Additional info:

In the game settings it says it is the corresponding resolution I set manually in the doom config which was 1920x1080 I also tried switching these just to see if it was an issue or not.

Detail is set to ultra.

When I get In game, it looks like the texture pack works but there are magnifyed objects with sphere like surfaces on them, also the HUD looks more zoomed then normal.

Additional info:

In the sikkmod options when I load the mod in doom 3 I went to the options to turn off soke

The shadows also look blocky on NPC's and the overall environment, NPC's themselves also look alittle blocky but you can definetly tell the textures are working I'm just not sure how to tweak it correctly or perhaps does this mean I have a faulty sikkmod? or even wulfens texture pack 1.0 and monoxeads hr textures?

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your life to read all of this and help me resolved this frustrating issue of mine, I'm a huge doom fan and im desperate to get these mods working. If you want I will gladly send you pics in email or whatever you prefer, of the my gameplay so you can further investigate the issue.

Thanks again.

On another note my apologies for saying in number 5 opf things ive tried, I turned off "AST" what i meant was anistropic filtering. I turned that off as well.

Wow loads of typos, I see that now I'm a little tired writing this my apologies once again.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.