Forum Thread
DID NOT GET ANY DATA FROM MCF SERVER. [18.0] (Forums : Tech Support : DID NOT GET ANY DATA FROM MCF SERVER. [18.0]) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 22 2012 Anchor

I keep getting this error stopping me from playing any mods.
It says There was an error during the validation process and it has been stopped.Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0] I am running windows 7, with a mostly high end system.
I have only recently tried to use Desura, so do any of you lot have any idea?

Feb 18 2012 Anchor

Howdy,

I am also experiencing this error when trying to install any game or mod via Desura. The console reads this when failing validation:

11:36 Failed to download MCF Header from Us1.dl.desura.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 Failed to download MCF Header from Us4.dl.desura.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 Failed to download MCF Header from Us5.dl.desura.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 Failed to download MCF Header from Eu22.dl.desura.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 Failed to download MCF Header from Eu15.dl.desura.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 Failed to download MCF Header from Eu21.dl.desura.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 Failed to download MCF Header from Eu17.dl.desura.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 Error in MCF validate: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
11:36 There was an error during the validation process and it has been stopped.: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]

I currently run Windows 7 64bit with avast and Privoxy (blocks most advertisers).

This is what I have tried so far, all at the same time in the end:
- Disabled Windows Firewall
- Disabled all Avast's shields
- Disabled Privoxy
- Waited a day in case it was an outage
- Re-installed Desura from a fresh download onto a new drive
- Granted full access permissions through Avast's firewall to all of Desura's executables
- Port Forwarded 62003 directly to my machine (not sure how that was going to change anything but worth trying)
- Ran Desura in Administrator mode
- Restarted my machine and tried again

I do not understand why this is happening, and it doesn't take long for the error to come up either, it fails to connect to all of those servers in a matter of a second after starting to validate. I have also searched around via google for this error and the last reports of this happening were never provided with solutions if they ever went away.

Thank you for your time and patience,
- Kusinwolf

Solution - Edit:

Desura support was very kind in pointing me towards Internet Explorer's proxy settings, which were blocking my ability to validate and download.

To solve the issue I was having (for Windows 7), go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings and disable the Proxy server

- Kusinwolf

Edited by: kusinwolf

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.