Forum Thread
Bit Eater: Week 2 progress (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Bit Eater: Week 2 progress) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 13 2013 Anchor

Hey just updating Bit Eaters progress.

1. Completed an image overhaul of the game.
2. Added a life system to make it more difficult.
3. Added power Up's which allow BOB to ride vehicles with special abilities.
4. Going on from HenryT77 's great input from the last post I've have created a random event which changed gravity in the game! Which I think creates new depth for the player. (Thanks Henry!)

Next week:
1. Create in game menu tally system.
2. Customization of character.
3. End of stage Mini games.
4. Stage holder menu.

If you would like to see the old prototype of the game. Look at the video here on YouTube.
Bit Eater Prototype: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXK2bPpsXY0

This is what is looks like now!

NEW VIDEO COMING SOON

Email: newdaydawningstudios@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NewDayDawningStudios
YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCaeU622FhAJUip2cxa0veCA

Nov 28 2013 Anchor

I like how the difficulty level on the game is being raised, and that it is not only going faster but also introducing new ways of the blocks to spread, fall apart and multiply. On the video I wasn't quite convinced of the graphical appearance, but I see some screenshots above that might be chaning my mind a bit. However, I think there needs to be something that makes the game truly unique, because on the video it looked much like one out of hundreds of nearly equal games with the sole purpose of avoiding and swallowing the right bubbles. If you manage to find something, eventually something really simple, that makes your game more appealing than others, or just more interesting, it would be very good and at least I would certainly be checking it out.

"Gonna watch this thread for updates" :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.