Forum Thread
Any chances that someone can make a mod that will restore Kane's warth to patch 1.00 balance and just add the fixs ? (Forums : Suggestions : Any chances that someone can make a mod that will restore Kane's warth to patch 1.00 balance and just add the fixs ?) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 28 2014 Anchor

Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath was one of my favorite C&C game of all times, it had a lot of units, had good balances and uniqueness to each army, and had a lot of tactics (more then 30 to each army), of course that I'm sure that anyone have their own opinion on the game, balance, and etc

but the main point was that it was fun game, these who stick around and love it found ton of tactics and saw how balance it was... Till patch 1.01 came along and kill mostly everything that was fun about the game in order to TRY to make the game more balanced, it failed hard and made most of the community to leave (I suspect that it was one of EA plans to make people to move to RA3 which just came out back then).

the patch make the A.I act like stupid, make all the functions weaker aside from the GDI which it Again... TRY to make stronger and didn't really succeed, rise the cost of stuff to TRY to stop rush, and eventually kill up the game.... then patch 1.02 came and just made a few stuff mostly on the GDI's side to try to make them stronger (which I don't have problem with) but left most of the damage that patch 1.01 done... the only good things about these patches was that they had some few bug fix and a lot of out of synced fixs.

most of the community pass to RA3 thanks to that and KW never felt more dull ever since....

I had to use app such as Garena in order to play KW with friends and add some command line in order to open the Control center and use a replay from ver 1.00 so I could launch the game on ver 1.00 With lan connection, because if anyone try to press the network button the game will just force you to download the last version....

that way I could left ver 1.02 installed but still play with friends on the lan, but KW community still felling dull thanks to these patches and I long to the day that someone will make a mode/patch/etc that will only move the balance to how it was on ver 1.00 and will just add the bugs fixs and out of synce/DC fixs so I and my friend could play on the net normally again and hopefully will see players coming back

So if anyone know how to do it, I beg of you please do so : O

Edited by: egozi44

Jan 28 2014 Anchor

If memory serves me there is two decent kanewars reloaded mods for its host program tiberian wars out already that attempt to do just this.
Plus the makers of those two mods have been working away on wrath ed a community driven SDK / editor for this extended game so I would not bin it just yet.
However Please note there have been some further developments (someone has made a kernel bypass to enable more RAM access.. which could be useful if we could trust it.
Checkout Advanced Wars at thundermods.net and Kanewars Reloaded here on moddb. WRATH ED would be the community SDK if your a modder.

--

Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
Don't force it, get a larger hammer.
I tried to daydream, but my mind kept wandering

Jan 28 2014 Anchor

Thanks The_splat

I recall that I already tried mods such as Advanced Wars and kanewars reloaded, they were nice but still not the thing I was looking for,
KW don't have a lot of mods since EA didn't released official SDK pack like they done with TW back then, now even after that WRATH ED SDK were released two years ago I didn't saw a lot of mod development for the game at all :0

plus the links to the WRATH ED are dead and all I was able to get was Wrath ed mod launcher 1.09 which I have no clue if it can works without the original Wrath ed that almost no where to be found around the net these days since the links are dead.

I don't know how to develop stuff myself so even if I will get the right tools I won't have any idea on what to do with them :P

What I search for is a mod that will "move" the game to ver 1.00 but will make the game see it as ver 1.02's mod so I will have online access and will be able to play with anyone as long as we have the same mod without lan (unlike the "you need to update your game" message that we get when we use ver 1.00 and try to log on)

if they could add to this mod all of the bugfix and especially the out of sync fixs as well it will be great

Edited by: egozi44

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.