Forum Thread
Act of War: High Treason 2.0 (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Act of War: High Treason 2.0) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 23 2015 Anchor

First off, I'd like to say that I'm unsure if this is the right place to post this, but it is an idea and a concept. I want to turn my ideas (as well as others), into a fully functioning expansion to an already exciting game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that this game's community is pretty much dried up and not many people play this game but I still do and I know that there are some others that do too. Therefore, I'm asking what's left of the Act of War community if we could make a mod together. I have many good ideas but I've never modded a game before and have very little experience with editing game files. I have, however, recently discovered how to edit the cheats portion of the game and add my own cheat codes. That's already been established, but I'd like to add some more things such as maybe another mod or two to the current mod, some changes to units, structures, costs, unit statistics, and even some new upgrades. Perhaps make some new units or even a new faction in general so there's the U.S. Army, Task Force Talon, Consortium, and a fourth playable faction with their own special structures and units as well as upgrades. I know that these kinds of mods take a long time to make but I'm willing to learn and devote my time and energy into editing game files and making a really fun mod that the remaining community could play.

In general, I'd like to sound off to the remaining Act of War players, modders, and designers as well as anyone else who is interested in making this game more enjoyable. Who's with me on trying to make one final mod? One big project that will be like a small expansion to Act of War. An Act of War: High Treason 2.0, as you will.

I don't have any experience in making or editing Act of War files, except adding units and whatnot as cheat codes, but I'm willing to learn how to edit more and change things- even create things from scratch. I won't be leading this project, I'm only enforcing and gathering whatever resources I can to create a project such as this.
If this project requires some kind of cost for hiring people to help out such as designers, programmers or even scripters, I will contribute to the costs.

If you'd like to know more, or even help out, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dec 14 2015 Anchor

Hey,

I used to play act of war a few years ago. Ive only just got it working with windows 8.1, and Ive nearly finished the HT campaign. For me, Ive found mods to be buggy. Regardless of what I do, I get random crashes when using any AI mod (safari, infantry, gcm, etc). Either way Im definitely enjoying the game and would be a fan of a full remake mod, but...

My thoughts are that we should wait until there is mod support (and perhaps an expansion) for "Act of Aggression". I havent even played it yet, but I would think if we really wanna do a true "Act of War 2.0", why not take advantage of the superior engine and graphics. Its also likely we would find AoA players that used to play AoW and would be up for the challange.

Its likely I wouldnt be able to help with a full mod unfortunately, other than reporting bugs and perhaps finding a few fixes with them, as I am ok with most codes and scripts usually. I just dont have the time. But if youre keen, definitely dont give up. Find people who are interested.

Regards

Nerd117

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.