Forum Thread
2000 Lincoln Towncar mod for Vice City (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : 2000 Lincoln Towncar mod for Vice City) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

I was thinking this would be a cool mod for Vice City, our totally coustom Lincoln towncar with custom rims, pics can be seen here: Dmc.servequake.com

TheRambo
TheRambo Hello.
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

um that link somehow doesnt work for me...

--

OMG it's teh Raaaaammmbooo!!!

Mar 22 2005 Anchor

So, let me get this straight: You actually think this is a real mod? I mean, sure, it's taking something that's not in the game and placing it in there, but all you're doing is adding a car. There's no real challenge in that.

Not to mention, Vice City is based around the 80's, so it's kind of weird to be throwing in a car from this decade. :S

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Mar 22 2005 Anchor

Its just not a TC Karuto, you have to look at in this perspective... Not everyone have the time and effort to put into a TC mod all by themselves. If he wants to get started in modding starting off slow is probably one of the best ways to go. I would encourage it and if you can get everything setup right, thne go look for some teams... I know a few that are in need of modelers :D

Oh yeah and Karuto...
User Posted Image
Its an 86'

Edited by: Hatel3reed

--

TheDebonairNomad
TheDebonairNomad Selectively Ignorant.
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

Damn man do you have any idea what it takes to model a car for GTA and make it look good, to the GTA community making new car models is a mod concidering it does modify part of the engine. Also, yes VC is in the 80s but that doesn't stop you from having that Viper GTS in it now does it?

Oh Yea and last time I check they had Lincolns in the 80s.

Edited by (in order): TheDebonairNomad, TheDebonairNomad

--

I'm the Bringer of Death, Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or Give me a Sandwich I'm hungry.

Mar 22 2005 Anchor

Okay, smart asses, of course Lincoln Towncars were around in the 80's. I above anyone else would know that (since I'm fucking obsessed with cars). But the point I'm making is that he wants to put a 2000 Towncar in there.

It's something I don't find cool is all. It's too small for anyone to notice. :P

--

TheRambo
TheRambo Hello.
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

well a 2000 towncar in a game that takes place during the '80 is sorta weird, but maybe by and by he will change all cars into modern ones, thus making it cool again :)
So have fun making the mod!

oh and somehow the link still doesnt work for me...

--

Mar 22 2005 Anchor

Or you could just wait a couple months for San Andreas to make it to the PC. That would probably be easier to mod, seeing as how they have newer vehicles, tbh.

--

TheWizard
TheWizard Pantsu Theif
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

I'd have to agree with Karuto's last post there. Just wait a few more months for SA.

TheRambo
TheRambo Hello.
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

yea. Thats probably the best solution and i didnt even think of it...

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.