Unknown Worlds is a self-funded, independent game company in San Francisco, CA. Our goal is simple: to unite the world through play.
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Location: SOMA, San Francisco - Looking for: Programmers
Posted by Unknownworlds.com on Apr 25th, 2011
We are a small, focused, fun-loving team in SOMA, San Francisco. We have an informal and agile way of working. People often switch roles or volunteer to do something that is important to them to learn new skills or help someone else out. We have very specific company and project goals but we've found that we generally work better by "doing" over "planning".
We created a popular Half-life shooter/strategy mod called Natural Selection and have been creating all our own technology and lovingly crafting the commercial sequel for a few years now. We have a large audience of around 300,000 players, many of whom don't know about Natural Selection 2. We're now in a closed beta with over 27,000 players and need a couple killer programmers to speed our development and make the game shine.
We are a highly-creative, high-technical, tightly-knit company of 5 that knows how to have fun. We have a game that's starting to get pretty damned fun. We have customers and a massive audience that is passionate about what we do. Now we need your help to get the rest of the game done!
Open Position - Engine Programmer (March 21st, 2011)
* Perform graphics, physics, networking and tools tasks. These systems have all been implemented but need optimization, polishing, extending or (occasionally) reworking
* Work in our San Francisco office (SOMA)
* Work with designers, programmers and artists to create features efficiently, flexibly and to best serve the game and its developers
* Great C++ programming skills
* Solid work ethic
* Passionate about shooter and strategy games
* A positive, fun, can-do attitude
* Console experience (we'll probably be moving to the 360 after v1.0)
* OS X experience
To apply please e-mail us your resume, cover letter, portfolio and/or code samples to email@example.com