The team has been working on version 5.0, which is set to bring AR2 to a whole new level with its new custom graphics for buildings of both sides, infantry and more. There is no estimated release date yet, but we can show you some of the work that is done:
(1) This is the new Nemesis Protocyte construction yard in 5.0, completely redesigned and modelled by Gamemate. It contains a high rise tower that allows the commander to overlook the whole base, a small power station and mainswitch as well as a door leading to the underground working compartments. This structure is critical to base operation of Nemesis and in AR2 5.0, extra Protocyte MCV's will be sent to the player for free as reinforcements provided the player meets the criteria.
(2) This is the Nemesis base technology center, following the old design in AR2 4.0 but now completely remade in 3D and added with active animation. The technology center is required to make some of the most powerful units and structures for Nemesis. The number of technology centers a base has will also help determine the kinds and amounts of reinforcements it will receive.
(3) The Nemesis Sensorium radar in its new look, with a rotating dish. The model is done by Gamemate and post-work (snow) by Godwin. A large part of this structure is hidden underground, responsible for functions such as charging superweapons and controlling Matrices. The Sensorium is also capable of providing radar images, revealing stealth units and shrouding base areas. In AR2 5.0, only 8 extra Incinerator power plants are needed for it to deploy and completely swallow the entire map...
(4) Oweing to the community acclaimed talent of LaoTze, remodelled Conscripts and Sappers truly resembling the concept arts will appear in version 5.0. Nemesis infantry will also receive upgrades in firepower and armour, making them as deadly as their Genesis counterpart. More infantry remodelling work is possible in the future.
(5) What would AR2 be without Vinifera? AR2 version 5.0 will also include new Vinifera crystals with vastly improved lighting, shading and growth, along with huge and animated blossom trees. Vinifera field explosions and gas leaks players missed will also return in AR2 version 5.0 and will be even messier. New Vinifera shards and other trees are also being planned.
(6) Due to popular demand the bottom bar is rearranged and the new waypoint button to the left is being added, giving players a more convenient way to plan close battle tactics critical in AR2.
Adding to these, AR2 5.0 will also include new Genesis, Nemesis and Scrin units, more rebalancing, the promised 7-mission Nemesis campaign, dynamic maps including maps that resize to reveal more Vinifera and skirmish player reinforcements, and much more. The best is yet to come ;)