Version 0.13 brings with it a lot of improvements. The first thing you’ll notice is the completely redone map generation. I’ve written a short changelog below, and even though it doesn’t include all the bug fixes and small tweaks it should give a pretty good idea of the changes.
I’d really like to thank everyone who have donated, it really means a lot. Also I want to thank everyone who have contributed code, Goblin Camp wouldn’t be in this good a state if it was just me.
- Implemented heightmap based map generation for more interesting maps
- Containers generalized
- Stockpiles have container-specific limits
- Ants can tunnel through walls
- Gameover is registered when all your orcs+goblins are dead
- Assigning orders to a squad now flashes a marker on thr map to better visualize it
- Added patrol orders
- Fixed escort orders, and renamed it to ‘Follow’
- You can now define what an npc becomes on death (corpse, small corpse, just filth, etc.)
- Stockpiles and farmplots can be expanded after being built
- Pontoon bridges
- Health bar for npcs in the sidebar
- NPC’s will eat each other if starving (starting with the weakest npc they see)
- Ground will get muddy if walked over constantly
- Duckboards can be built over mud to allow faster travel
- Orcs and goblins spread filth
- The spawning pool will grow organically while spreading corruption the more filth and corpses you dump into it
- Items have bulk, and heavier items will slow npcs down more than lighter ones will
- Reworked npc stats and food numbers (spreadsheets ahoy)
- Added tooltips to menus to explain different constructions
- Added camp tiers: At first only the most basic constructions are available, and only weak monsters will attack. As you advance through tiers more options become available, and tougher monsters appear.
- Tile requirements for constructions, now stone quarries can only be built on stone for example.
- If a place is left to itself plants will grow back and peaceful woodland creatures will return
- Goblins no longer stockpile things neatly into rows
- Felling trees and digging ditches requires tools
- Added a totem pole which centers the camp
- Added a tutorial to help out newcomers and show how to use python for mods