- Changed GUI map, changing the unsightly map to a proximity RADAR screen.
- The menu has been redesigned, and is now much more visually pleasing.
- Improvements to enemy fighter AI.
- Improvements to enemy and friendly missile AI.
- Numerous small bugs were squashed.
Development has completely stalled out. The planned additions for this update were found to be impractical while using the current engine.
The current engine was built in GameMaker: Studio nearly two years ago as a tech demo for a school project, and has been slowly upgraded and enhanced in the last two years. Unfortunately, the engine has been upgraded for too long, and was never intended to be used in a top-down shooter. The engine has been upgraded to it's peak, and any large new additions either broke older portions of it, or rendered it tremendously inefficient.
As such, we have decided to put Impact Velocity on the back burner of our priorities while we pursue new ideas, and work on a more advanced and specialized engine. The universe of Impact Velocity is not dead, and we plan on many additions to this universe.
- Joseph Bergstrom, Lead Designer & Programmer