Currently we're testing one of the first interal builds which in the end will lead to v1.2. This version will mostly contain gameplay tweaks and provide players with a more ergonomic way of playing TTR.
Here's the current v1.2 status:
- View bob is now according to position and speed, different from UT default
- Breathing sounds work correctly now
- New scoreboad
- Death messages only go to killed and killer
- Suicides count as TKs
- New menu background
- "News" tab in server browser now goes to our site
- Sprinting now takes up more stamina, prone/crouching allows you to rebuild stamina slowly now
- Removed "double bandaging"
- Increased volume of sound when shells hit the ground
- Added toggle crouch key
- Removed UT-only keys in keybind setup menu, reorganized key list
- Adjusted how player info is displayed on the server browser
- Added a respawn timer on the HUD for dead players
- Started on making bots work with objectives
- Teamkilling messages are now big, center screen and red
- Stiel grenade "PullChord" animation added
- Fixed a bug that caused you to fall prone while bandaging
- Netcode improvements regarding environmental conditions
- To start bleeding you now must first sustain a serious wound, damage of 30 or greater
- You can now press any key to go to the menu when the game starts, message saying so pops up
- UT logo popping up between map changes switched to TTR one
And here's the "TODO" list for v1.2:
- Shave a meg off the files by removing unused explosion textures in TTR_Data
- Make players sorted by score
- Add team scores somewhere
- Add close button, server info button maybe?
- Redo server info screen to menu system
- Get sound for when the cord is pulled on the steil
- Add victory music
Also I'd like to inform you that there's a petition being held in the TTR forums to gather signatures for more reliable and good servers.
due to a lack of decent servers, there's a large number of people that would love to play TTR, but can't without a lot of frustration caused by high pings resulting in 'laggy' games.
With a few extra servers from jolt.co.uk, gameservers.com, barry'sworld or other parties, many will get better pings, it will attract more people and in general result in a lot more fun and advantages for the entire community.
So remember, each vote is one step closer to more servers and a better community for The Third Reich.
Link to petition: Forums.beyondunreal.com
Don't forget, a clan ladder has opened with the release of 1.1. Interested clans should immediately go sign up for the league.