Greetings fellow gods,
In case this is the first time you're encountering Soulash, it's a traditional turn-based roguelike where you take the role of a forgotten god set on destroying the world. It features a big open world that exists only for the pleasure of complete destruction, tactical combat with lots of active abilities and weather conditions, a complete story from an antagonist point of view, lots of good loot, crafting, and in-game tools for additional content creation.
Today, after 5 long years of development, Soulash hits 1.0 and releases on Steam and Itch, with a 10% launch discount!
Below is the full changelog for the 1.0 release:
- Core gfx mod with pixelart tileset. Both core and core_gfx should be enabled unless someone would like to continue to play ASCII.
- Steam Workshop integration:
- Publishing mods to Steam Workshop.
- Loading subscribed mods.
- Steam Leaderboards integration:
- Scoring per profession
- Number of items crafted
- Number of souls consumed
- Quickest win (in turns count)
- Placement will display in a notification when the player dies or wins.
- Steam Achievements integration
- Added 69 achievements
- 5 new enemies.
- 30 new alternative region maps
- New tutorial entry about going back to Dreamworld.
- Added "thumbnail icon" input in the mod edit form, that allows changing the Workshop thumbnail. The path to the image is relative to the mod folder.
- Added notifications on publishing to Steam Workshop with the result.
- Added mouse wheel scrolling on the Tutorial screen.
- Javelin is considered a throwing weapon instead of a spear (being strength-based instead of dex).
- Improved some entity animations.
- Smite now scales with 20% weapon damage.
- True damage is no longer reduced by endurance.
- Fixed rare crash when disarming weapon that provides access to an ability.
- Fixed crash when attempting to shoot Lightning Arrow without arrows equipped.
- Fixed issue causing Steam Workshop id to reset, publishing the mod twice.
- Fixed copy-paste in modding between different region maps.
- UI no longer stays hidden after winning the game and immediately starting a new one.