Yep, you can download it now! Click on Sands-of-War in the files section and then click on Sands-of-War 1.3. If you are upgrading from 1.2 you will only need Sands-of-War 1.3 patch. Download Sands-of-War HERE: Sandsofwar.simgames.net
Please spread the word to as many as possible!
We have worked hard on Sands-of-War 1.3 so we can bring you our longest changelist - ever!
- New map: SoW_riyaq
- Updated map: SoW_nbz
*New CoDe spawn, spawn protection and better textures
- Updated map: SoW_hangar
*Replaced crates with real detail, added structures and trees to the desert,
fixed basement flag exploit and improved Aim spawn.
- Majorly improved LQ versions of all weapons. Huge performance gains!
- MP3 entity!
- New skin for the PSG1.
- Added mapcycling
- Updated sow.fgd to version 1.15
*Added support for mp3 playing entity, fixed door blocking,
removed unused classes, changed some standard values and descriptions,
added 3 new game entities
- Slowed down sprinting
- When changing team you only die if you aren't allready dead.
- Changed so it says "1 player" in teaminfo instead of "Players: 1".
- New way of showing the flags on the HUD
- Instead of "0" in latency it now says "Host".
- Entity respawn! (breakables still don't reset).
- Removed health and armor from backpacks
- Removed "new game" option in Steam
- Replaced the ugly crosshairs
- Crosshairs are smaller and has a better rendering mode
- Minor updates to title.txt
- Added "n" (end line) to some error/console messages.
- Flag capture gives 1 flag instead of 2 frags
- Delay before reseting the game after every flag has been captured (mp_newrounddelay)
- Freeze time when all flags have been captured and all players have respawned (mp_freezetime)
- When selecting team you can no longer select to be spectator by pressing '6'
- Delay when proning before you can deprone again.
- You can now zoom with the OICW (secondary fire).
- Moved the weaponbox away from the radar.
- Warehouse and Tigris did not meet the high SoW standards and have therefore been removed
- Fixed eye position on Walther
- Fixed loading SoW_desertmines
- Fixed missing sprite for SoW_tigris
- Fixed a bug related to being stuck when spawning
- Autoassign team now works.
- Team specific weapon models are now all selected acording to team instead of class.
- Now you don't drain stamina, when you push the sprint key, unless you're moving.
- Removed unused flag and map models
- Removed crosshair on PSG 1 while not zooming
- Bound classmenu and selectteam to "o" and "p" as default
- Fixed file extension for Desertmines info text.
- Fixed invisible tripmine laser
- The dead will now rest in peace (no more spinning corpses)
- Removed Infrared from key bindings, as it dont exist in SoW
I like to drive vehicles on FPS games, but I fear is very hard to imposible to crappy to code vehicles in HL engine. So maybe you can change the tank in the logo by something similar the Counter-Strike logo.
Its somewhat dirty to show vehicles as some people may download this with a not-correct asumption and end playing another (But really well done and atractive) new CS clone, aka, tactical urban warfare.
Other than the logo abuse, looks like a very atractive mod. Good work!
I had not thought of that the tank might lead people to believe they can drive them ingame. Yes, it is nearly impossible to have decent driveable vehicles on the HL1 engine.
Thanks for the other comments:)