Another week has gone by and we have another patch for you. We realize it may have been a long week of testing with the constant server crashes; this is why patch 1.2 especially focuses on attempting to remedy the crashing issue. Our programmer, who has been testing for several hours every night, feels that the fixes listed below will either solve some of the crashes or at least point him in the right direction. Also, our level designers have been touching up the maps according to your feedback and bug reports. Lastly, there are a couple other small changes, but you can read it all in the changelog below.
Today's screenshots will focus less on the visuals of Resistance and Liberation and more on the action in game. Therefore, below are some screenshots taken during actual play.
Changelog - Open Beta 1.2
- ! Possibly fixed a server-side crash when trying to look up an entity.
- ! Possibly fixed a server-side crash on round restart.
- ! Possibly fixed a case where a player could spawn already leaning.
- ! Possibly fixed a case where a player's view would continue rolling if they died while prone rolling.
- ! Fixed being able to open the map when in spectator mode.
- ! Fixed crouch sprinting being disabled.
- ! Fixed the machine gun view being too restricted.
- ! Fixed mp_restartround and mp_restartgame not working. (Only differece between the two is mp_restartgame resets the amount of rounds won, useful when using mp_roundlimit)
- ! Fixed a common streetlight model having a bad collision model, making it impassable in some places.
- ! Fixed a few other small errors with prop models.
- ! Fixed a case where the spectator GUI would still be up after a player spawned.
- ! Fixed a case where a player could open the squad selection menu for both teams by quickly hitting the auto-assign and teamjoin buttons multiple times.
- ! Fixed a bug where players would prone dive when walking.
- ! Fixed a bug where players would prone dive when moving backwards.
- ! Fixed the placeholder G43 models not being precached.
- ! Fixed player helmets not displaying on low model settings.
- +Added sensitivity_hip, sensitivity_is, and sensitivity_ss to give different sensitivities based on weapon posture.
- +Added mp_limitteams, defaulted to 16, to limit number of people per team
- +Added the ability to deploy an MG at a vertical angle, rather than have it locked on the horizontal.
- +Added a slight capture bonus for each player on the capturing team in a capture zone.
- +Added cl_viewbobscale_x and cl_viewbobscale_y to enable users to scale the view bob effect.
- +Added sliders for these new cvars to the multiplayer options.
- - Removed some unused and disabled options in the options menus.
- - Removed pistols from all classes with auto or semi-auto weapons and the german Grenadier (Except NCO and MG)
- - Removed grenades from the Sharpshooter class and the MG classes.
- Changed blood spray to reduce it to near-human levels. (No more exploding vats of goo)
- Changed cl_detaildist to have a minimum value of 250.
- Changed color of player ID HUD to white.
- Changed the distance of the player ID HUD to be slightly farther.
- Changed the amount of morale each weapon takes on near-miss shots to increase the effectiveness of suppression.
- Updated Ardennes to fix some small graphical glitches, fix the round never ending sometimes, make the city center capzone bigger, and add resupply crates.
- Updated St. Mére Eglise to slightly reduce the grass density, fix numerous spawn issues, and fix various exploits.
- Updated the squad scripts to create a Fireteam Leader in the Allied second Fireteams rather than a second NCO.
- Updated the squad scripts to create a Truppführer (Fireteam Leader) to accompany the Squad Leaders in Axis squads.
Awesome, some good fixes... can't wait to play!
ironsights are not fixed..
For all that have an iron sight mess up:
-switch to any other weapon and switch back.
We never said we fixed that. O_o Thats the huge overhanging lag bug we are working on.
No more pistols for German grenadiers?!
Nobody will play nazi anymore...
why? no reason for that
Use your bayonet, like a real soldier would.
why no pistols??
too bad, germans will have no chance!
sweet maybe this will fix my issues so i can actually play the open beta. I couldn't play previously because it never launched correctly to the game.
Also theres a lot of qqing going on but they haven't even tried it yet.
My main concern is the way the ironsight is set up.
Have you guys tried adopting an ironsight system that is similar to Insurgency mod?
I believe INS's iron-sight mechanic (in terms of their "stable" aiming compared to the "loose" aiming of RnL) would make the weapons more fun to use.
I would really love to see this implemented as an experiment on which players love.
You can press and hold your iron sight button for a stable IS.
I like the system, but Kilroy is right, it;s a little klunky. Not your fault, just way the game works. The Insurgency ironsights are great, and to be honest, you don't really need to levels of IS.
Much like how some games have you hold shift to hold your breath, holding the IS button reduces your IS sway and gives you a slight zoom. Plus, you can adjust the sensitivity of the mouse independent from regular IS to allow you to make more precise shots at distance.
You don't need it persay, but it is something semi-original and it helps if you know how to use it.
make the head smaller. right now it's busting at the seams so to speak.
the problem is you based the head on the hl2 model when you should have based it on the dods version. eitherway, it looks rather outdated and engorged.
congratulation on new release.
Um, no our modeller didn't base it on hl2.