Following a great run of testing over the holiday period, we are today releasing a new playtest build to fix reported issues and add some last-minute features.
Notable changes in playtest-20210131 include:
- A new Handicap option to adjust the difficulty for individual players in Skirmish and Multiplayer
- A new “Pause Menu Background” option in the display settings
- One more mission (“Shock Therapy” from the Aftermath) for Red Alert
- A new “Oil Spill” minigame map for Red Alert
- Additional community balance refinements for Tiberian Dawn
- A collection of audio and explosion changes to match the original games
- Fixes for downstream Linux packaging
- Fixes for bugs and crashes reported in playtest-20201213
- A new Mod SDK Release for community mods
For more information, see the full changelog.
We expect this will be our final test before a full release in February, so we encourage everybody to play some games and let us know if you find any issues in the comments below, on our forum, Community Discord, or GitHub issues.