Ostrich Island game, version 1.08 (beta) has been recently released by MeDungeon Games, one-man indie games studio from Finland.
What's new in v1.08:
- Added the island 8 - "Tunnel Rat", and the island 9 - "Rise of Ostrich"
- Added butterflies! Catch them and get a nice amount of bonus points!
- Added more hats to customize your Ostrich. Every island has a hat now!
- Added fruits on trees!
- Help system on the 1st island was completely redesigned. Don't like hints? Kick it!
- Flood speed has been slowed on all islands.
- Snow has gone until the next winter. Happy summer again!
Ostrich Island is the unique mix between an adventure, platformer and role-playing game. Explore beautiful islands, search for collectibles, level up and gain new abilities.
Game web site: www.medungeon.com
- Collect as many bonuses as you can and escape to the next island. At the end of each level the Ostrich gains experience points and upgrades with new skills and abilities.
- Different types of levels: sunny tropical paradise, storm madness, underground tunnels, underwater craziness and even procedural generated in-the-air platformer (soon)!
- Lots of collectibles and hidden bonuses, ones discovered they can be closely examined in the Nest or used for your Ostrich customization.
- Two difficulty levels: "Relaxing", where you can slowly investigate the islands, searching for collectibles with nothing to worry about, and "Escape", where constantly rising water level adds some stress but increases score multipliers in return.
- Global leader board and country scoreboard across all platforms.
- Your score and game progress are saved in the cloud. You can easily start playing on your Windows machine at home and continue on a Mac/Linux computer at office your friends place.
Indie Game Magazine: “Peaking Out Of The Sand ‘Ostrich Island’ Shows A Beautifully Crafted World To Explore” Full Article
GodIsAGeek: “...the whole game is presented in an aesthetic that is pleasing to the eye and actually makes you want to stay on the island at times, instead of escaping.” Full Article