Oh Shoot! is coming to the app store this week!
The game has improved a lot during the beta phase. It bears only little resemblance to the Kongregate version. Here are some of the biggest changes.
- Finite levels, slowly introducing game mechanics and a hint of story.
- Three different survival levels.
- You're immune to you own bullets, unless you choose hard-core mode.
- New and revamped enemies.
- Redesigned power-ups, both friendly and corrupted.
- Enemies no longer kill each other (with a few exceptions).
- Color-coded bullets and enemies.
- Walls, which you'll need to shoot around.
- Game music by Francesco D'Andrea.
And here is a short trailer. It features the new "turret" line of enemies. I plan to upload a few more of these videos.
The game got approved by Apple in less that a week, which was faster than I expected. Circumstances prevented me from promptly reacting to that, though. Dentist stuff I rather not bother you with. I decided to hold off releasing for real until next thursday. That gives me some time to get my web presence up to par. Whether that's smart or not, I do not know.