VISIT OUR DISCORD: Discord.gg
Salve! Welcome to 457 AD's MODDB homepage.
This mod aims to represent the last years before the fall of Rome and the traditional beginning of the Middle Ages in 476.
ABOUT THE MOD'S SETTING: It's the year 457, Emperor Majorian is about to launch his reconquest of Gaul, aiming to retake the city of Lugdunum, now in the hands of the Burgundians. Ravenna, now capital of the Western Empire, has suffered much during the last years: not only by the hands of evil barbarians such as Attila, but also due to the incompetence, greed and corruption who clearly marked part of its ruling class and Emperors alike. Now, with the new Emperor Majorian, the people of the Roman Empire look at their future with hope and moderate optimism... Visigoths rule in southern France from the royal city of Tolosa and they recently invaded Spain on the order of the Romans to quell the warlike Kingdom of the Suebi who was laiding waste in Vasconia.
Jutes and Saxons are slowly moving to Britain, pushing West the coalition of Britons and roman settlers while the Picts watch from the North, waiting for the best time to strike. In Pannonia, instead, the power of the Ostrogoths, led by the Amali dinasty, is on the rise, giving much to worry about to the Scirii, the Rugii and other small tribes living alongside the danubian plains. As we set our eyes onto North Africa we see Gaisarix, king of the Vandals and the Alans. The warlord recently settled in the area around Carthage, making that ancient city, who was once Rome's greatest foe, the capital of a new, dreadful enemy of the Empire.
On the East, the once glorious Empire of the Huns is but a shadow of its former glory. The sons of Attila are having hard times recovering the death of their father and new, warlike nomads push to the East. Regardless, Huns still are a threat not to underestimate and from their turf and occupied cities north of the Bosphorus they still gaze with their spirited eyes their former subjects to the West.
Last but not least, a second Rome still resists... And flourishes! Even if Constantinople went through many dangers in the last decades, the imperial city now stands on top of all the others, outshining Rome and Ravenna in wealth, glory and prestige. People of all kind flocks to the city of Constantinople, once formely known as Byzantium but even the Eastern Rome has its own foes and major threats to deal with. More East, the Sasanid Empire, the illustrious heir of the Persian and Parthian Empire, aims to expand west, under the leadership of the Shahanshah Hormizd. The Persians, unlike many other barbarian tribes in the West and of the Steppes, are a major power in the civilized world who was able to outmatch, defeat and humble the Romans several times with the strength of their army. These are years of changes, after whose the world will never be the same. New kingdoms will rise, while others will fade away into history. The seed of the new Era is making its first sprouts, and men and warriors carry on, ignorant of what is to come.
- FACTIONS MOSTLY OVERHAULED
- TONS OF NEW QUESTS!
- HIDDEN LOCATIONS!
- EVENTS TRIGGERED BY RENOWN, TIME AND MORE
- SPECIAL ITEMS
- START AS A KING
- TONS OF FRESHLY MODELED ASSETS BASED ON ARCHEOLOGICAL FINDS AND SCHOLARLY RESEARCHES!
- NEW TEXTURES, NEW SHADERS, NEW UI
- TONS OF NEW STUFF I FORGOT TO LIST! :D
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Maxi for all the help with scripts and bugfixing! Especially the add of client kingdom. P.S.: download his mod too! It's called Aut Caesar Aut Nihil, roman mod based on the first century, common era. You can find it on Nexus ( Nexusmods.com ) or in the Steam's Workshop!
- Antonis and Tocan, Warband wizards, working full time for the others and working on a ton of warband mods themselves! Visit their discord server ( Discord.gg ) where you'll find most of their projects!
- GulagEnabler, for the Berkasovo helmet and the campagi as well as help with the Fernpass helmet! Gulag is currently working in Burning Empire's discord, a Bannerlord mod focused on Late Antiquity, very similar to 457 AD and for which we too are giving a helping hand! Visit the mod's discord here: Discord.gg
- Anoldretiredelephant for the OSP pack of hellenistic hats! They look really good in warband! Anoldretiredelephant is currently working on a roman mod for Bannerlord called Crossing the Rubicon, if you want to follow the update and the mod's development please follow this link to join their discord: Discord.gg
- L'Aigle developer, Jackson, for some flora texture and models, which in turn will be used in the NEXT update! L'Aigle is a Napoleonic Era mod that I'm sure most of you know already as it's one of the most famous mods for Warband! You can download it here: Moddb.com