Momentum is a mod for Crysis that adds new abilities. Most important of these are the new parkour moves. Parkour in Momentum is based off the mirror's edge flowgraph by Darkwish, which is designed to make Crysis play like mirror's edge.
Momentum updates this flowgraph and changes how you play. When wall running you should make sure you have "momentum". A momentum guage is displayed at the bottom middle of the hud. This represents how fast you are moving, not in km phr hour or miles ph. The value is simply meant to indicate what you can do.
When the momentum guage says you are moving at 1, you are walking, if you are moving at 3, you are jogging, if you are moving at 5, you are running, if you are moving at 8, you are running too fast to be able to grab things, or use weapons, apart from ninja rope whilst in the air. 10 is generally the max speed you will achieve sprinting on foot without boosts.
Here are the new features.
- Hand and Leg Animations for climbing, wall running, vaulting
- View locking when climbing
- Lock-on aiming
- ninja rope (right mouse button with fists out)
- repelling (left mouse button with fists out)
- parachute (shift whilst in the air with nothing around you [3m radius])
- Lunge Melee (t whilst in front of an object, entity)
Here are the things that I already had.
- Momentum based turning (a and d for sharp turns, q and e for smaller turns)
- Rolling while prone (q and e)
- Diving (z whilst sprinting)
- Sliding (lctrl whilst sprinting)
- Animations for vaulting over small obstacles (updated, 3 separate levels of height)
- Animations for Sliding (updated)
- Metroid Prime lock on view (caps lock)
I suggest you have a look at the game tutorial videos as the control system is quite complicated and requires calibration before playing.
Here is a video showing how to calibrate your nano suit. Once you've loaded the map.
Here is a video showing how to do basic moves
Here is a video show how to load the level if your having problems
Here is a video showing how to do advanced dives
Here is a video showing how to do advanced parkour moves
Here is a video showing how to do advanced melee moves
Thanks for reading, hope you download. Please read the read me if your having problems.
To get in contact please find me on Crymod.com Crymod.com
- Momentum (mirror's edge upgraded): Ga-Knomboe Boy
- Mirror's Edge Orig Flowgraph: Darkwish
- Wolverine Claws: Jlim
- Level 9 special force skin idea: Nerv3
- NKHunt Engine 3 by: Predaaator
- Flowgraph Plugins: Renevo