Medieval Story has just been released and is available through the Steam store. The game is played form a classic isometric viewpoint. The game’s focus is on adventure, story and action with smaller RPG elements such as Quests, NPC dialogue, Journal entries and Inventory system. I intended Medieval Story to be easily picked up but hard to master with a design philosophy of one control button for most interactions.
The game is being developed by a one-man team and should not be considered AAA by no means. However I hope you enjoy it for what it is.
- Story driven action.
- Puzzle and exploration.
- Hand drawn isometric background objects.
- Especially composed music.
- Ray-traced 3D character graphics (over 800 frames of animation on main character).
- Real-time combat and movement.
- Use, drop, push or pick up objects.
- Interactive character dialogs with hand drawn NPC portraits.
- Simulation of time, night and day.
- Weather effects.
- Dynamic shadows and lighting.
Thank you for reading!