Contracts in Landless! After you finish your last communicate with Professor Goodman. A new transmission will appear sometime shortly. A woman will cry for help as a shark has taken her baby, what do you do…
0.32 features an RNG radio contract system for accepting and ignoring contracts(quests). Currently, there are two styles of contracts: Elimination and Collection. More styles will be added over time. Each quest features random dialogue with random requests with random rewards. You're the contractor, you decide which contracts are worth taking and which aren't. Is the pay I'm being offered worth the work? Radio contracts fill the radio once a game day. Radio contracts will only be removed from the radio either by collecting the reward or declining the contract.
Press “L” to open your contract log to see all current active contracts you have. You can have up to 10 contracts. When you finish a contract you can collect its reward from the radio, once your do so, the client will have dispatched a Turtle Express courier which will deliver your reward. Watch for the turtle come from behind the boat!
This is an enormous update. Included is also a new starter town. Gone are those little boat shacks huddled together. Instead experience Leavenworth! A central hub for the game. Of course the player will always have the option to explore as far away as possible…
Weapon backend overhaul complete! Reload fully functional! Even lets you know when your out of ammo. Included are UI features that show amount of ammo in gun and inventory.
- Add new unstacking feature, simply right-click on a object while holding shift to initiate.
- Melee weapons can now be used while swimming and diving. More testing needed before introducing special weapons.
- Activate on crafting bench has been changed to Interact and appears at the top of the screen now.
- Cursor now automatically appears when player activates a UI screen. This reduces the need to use alt when pressing “F” to interact with things.
- Pressing Esc will now close all UI windows, making it easier for players to shut down a bunch of windows they have up.
- If there are no windows open, Esc will bring up the Esc Menu instead of closing all windows.
- HULL EPOXY FEATURE CHANGED Player no longer consumes hull epoxy to fix the boat. Instead the player must have the epoxy in their inventory and strike the boat with their wrench.
- Trying to activate the crane without a platform in the inventory will remind the player.
- Trying to activate crane while obstructed will remind player.
- Storage window now closes when you move away. That includes the furniture ones as well…
- Dialog that appears while you are in a hostile zone will now auto-pause the game.
- Crafting window now closes when you move away. However, the bench will still be working as intended. It is not part of the game design for you to wait at the crafting bench to craft something. However, you’re free to do so…
- RESEARCH BEACON now drops a small machine that when you it, it will contain a black box. Also comes with other nice loot drops!
- When the game is paused it will display Paused on the screen.
- Save text added next to SLEEP.
- Notification sound effects added for hunger, thirst, temperature, health, and sleep. Hear that tummy rumble!
- More visual icons added next to UI buttons.
- The “Slow Time” feature has been removed from “T” this was in place to test for future features. Slow Time no longer fits within our future designs.
- Loot exploit removed. All contents within will all disappear when a player attempts to exploit a loot crate.
- Breath Bar won’t show up at start anymore.
- Remind player when inventory is full, when trying to add more.
- Remind the player can only hook one creature at a time, when trying to hook a second one while having the first one still hooked.
- Loot drops from Eco Drones are now working correctly.
- 5 new achievements added. Try to get them all!
- Buying from merchants now require you to right click on the goods then select your quantity.
***NEW GAME RECOMMENDED***
Expect us to continually work on bugs and optimizing. Stay active on our boards, we need more feedback!