Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD has been funded on Kickstarter (and the campaign ends today)! When we decided to start the Kickstarter campaign we put our every effort towards showing the world the best of Kofi and his partners, but we didn’t know what was going to happen.
Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is a not-so-serious adventure that brings together mechanics from Action RPG and RTS games. You’ll control Kofi, a weak, lazy and unlucky videogame character that will be followed by a group of interesting (and pathetic) characters aiding him to live a great adventure.
The videogame introduces a world of comic fantasy in which the characters are aware of being part of a videogame. Kofi is an RPG character that spends his days lazing around without leveling up. His game is a total mess and every character around him plays better.
In this adventure, Kofi will recieve a war horn. If you sound the horn, your soldiers will know it's time to show up. Defeating enemies will give you motivation points (the more points you gather, the more allies you can call). Each combat unit has a motivation cost based on their value in battle.
- You can control and equip your own army.
- You can find and buy weapons and equipment that allows you to improve your characters; multiple enemies with different qualities: find the best strategy to win.
- You can free explore a big map with different environments.
- And it's voiced! (Thousands of voiced lines)
Combat units (Your army)
During this adventure, Kofi will meet curious characters who will join his army. You can control Kofi’s army to the last person, both each character individually and any kind of group you can select. All of them can fight, but each unit has unique skills, so character management is important to win battles or to solve puzzles.
- Kofi can summon Lime (the slime) and Wargo (the dire wolf)
- Moles can dig tunnels to go under walls or set traps for the enemies.
- Engineers can fix bridges, holes and disable traps to make it easier to progress in some levels.
- The beetle wizard can summon explosive beetles.
- The scale kids can swim, something imperative to successfully tackle combats in aquatic zones.
- And... Light foxes can light dark paths, something that will prove invaluable in the dark caves.
You still have time to become a backer (last day)
Please, take a look to our project and support us. The Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD Kickstarter campaign is running until May 31.