As many of you know, HTroop has been in its final stages of development for a while now. We have been working on a few more things to make the mod run smoother and have been enhancing the playing experience for a wile now. It has been a slow process and we do not know if we will be ale to finish this project soon since it is pretty large. We could really use some more people to help develop the mod and help us play test.
Requirements - Mod Developing
In order to help us further develop HTroop you must first talk to the original mod creator Professor Smith and if there is help needed we will notify you of the help we need. There are a few rules you will need to follow to be on our mod development team.
1) You MUST have Discord installed and have joined our HTroop Discord Server.
Discord invite link - Discord.gg
2) Contact Professor Smith on Discord about wanting to help develop HTroop.
Professor Smith's Discord name and tag - Professor_Smith/Grand_Admiral#5704
Rules - Mod Developing
You must follow these rules when helping us develop HTroop
1) You are required to follow the instructions of the mod developer, Professor Smith. If we need something to be changed you have to change it to the mod developer's liking.
(Suggestions to make an adjustment are welcome)
2) You must complete a project we give you. You cannot find something in the game and make a change to it that is not part of the project. We will be checking this. (If you find something and feel it needs to be changed we can talk about it, but all final decisions are made by Professor Smith)
3) Take your time! There is no rush to finish a task that we give you, if you cannot help us finish something let us know ahead of time. If you feel like you can not complete a task/project we give you we can give you something else to work on.
After you have contacted me and we have gone over the rules together and all questions have been asked you will be granted the HTroop mod and be part of our mod development team. Anyone who helps us develop HTroop will have their name (or gamer tag) in the readme file and credits if they would like to. It is important to note that you can also help play test if you would like to.
Requirements - Play testing
In order to apply to be a play tester you will have to follow some basic requirements.
1) Join our HTroop Discord Server (optional)
Discord invite link - Discord.gg
2) Contact me on Discord explaining that you would like to become a play tester.
(If you do not have discord and would rather communicate a different way, send me a PM here on Moddb and we can discuss an alternative way to communicate. We can communicate on Moddb but its not as efficient as Discord.)
Rules - Play testing
When you are play testing HTroop in either singleplayer or multiplayer, be on the lookout for bugs or things that could be improved. There are two simple rules to follow to be a play tester.
1) You are required to report anything that needs fixing to either myself (LuccaWulf) or Professor Smith. By reporting these bugs you are helping finish the mod more quickly. Its not fun to take the time and report bugs but it is essential. Keeping a notepad next to you is a good idea so while you are playing you can write down anything you see in game down on paper. Knowing what map you are on is important as well.
Some things that you can point out while play testing are listed below.
- Floating static objects in maps
- Incorrect Ai Paths
- Bad vehicle spawn locations
- Anything that might not be coded to work properly (some flags might not be correct for example)
2) Have fun!
After you have contacted me and we have gone over the rules together and all questions have been asked you will be granted the HTroop mod and be part of our play testing team. All play testers get to have their name (or gamer tag) in the readme file of the mod and credits when its complete if they would like to. If you would like to become a mod developer as well that is fine. However, you must follow the rules for becoming a mod developer above.
Thank you all for your time!