Work has been progressing smoothly as normal, were constantly chugging things out and slapping them into the engine for the alpha release. Im just going to list a few things:
1. Rocket Launcher is now 98% completly faithful to what its like in Quake
2. Railgun fires instant uranium slugs and its just as faithful
3. nailgun is finished, and due to its one error, it is feared by all (read below)
4. edm_burg is looking awsome as Johns first original map, see screenshots
5. the map resembling The Edge from Quake2 is about 93% completed, we all had a playtest on it, a couple things here and there and it should be exactly like a huge 32 player deja-vu
6. Hyperblaster needs a skin and a normalmap and its ready to go.
Current Known Issues
Sometimes bugs can be fun to say outloud
1. The railgun, while powerful, only fires once right now. Yah we know. How to reload it? switch to a different weapon, reload that, and then switch back. Tah-Dah! repeat as nessesary (its annoying)
2. The nailguns firing sound does not properly fade itself from a distance, so you can be on either side of the Burg map, and still hear its frightfully scary loud sound clear as day. When 4 people are using the weapon at the same time, it causes nose bleeds...im not joking.
3. The hyperblaster acts exactly like the pistol, its kinda funny to see this
4. The Rocket Launcher needs 3 direct hits to kill someone. This was supposed to resolve killing yourself too easily, however with less damage comes less force so Rocket Jumping aint proper anymore... Were fixing this as a high priority!
5. When i normal mapped the Hyperblaster i made the base skin a shade of red, and i applied a photoshop cloud filter as a base. Well now the gun suprising looks like its made from raw ground beef. We laughed for several minutes. A picture of that can be seen here: Bjs.wqhosting.com (its only a model-viewer shot though)
NOW ON TO SOME GOOD SCREENSHOTS!
John gets a serious headache from the Railgun while he tried going for the Rocket Launcher
Were looking for some addition help. Were looking for another mapper, a character modeller, and another weapon modeller. Details about these position will be shown at Edge-DM's main page daily due to restrictions to 1 help-wanted post per day.
That just about does it. Want to support us? Watch the mod, and better yet, join the community at: The Edge-DM Community Forums
See you there soon!
Committed to bring you the funnest multiplayer experience youve had in years!