This year we, for the second time, organized Global Game Jam in Ukraine. The theme was really cool – "WAVES". I particularly liked that it allowed multiple creative interpretations.
During the jam I was busy with organizational questions, but at night between Saturday and Sunday I managed to cut several hours from my sleep and made my own prototype.
So, the idea is such: imagine a water sufrace. When you drop a pebble into it, the waves start spreading from the centre. Now let's look at this process from the opposite side: where should you drop the pebble to create the waves of particular shape? Taking into account that the waves reflect from the walls of the basin, this can be a very interesting question.
Here's how the gameplay looks like (gif)
During the post-jam week I completed the game and now I'm ready for release.
Among the new features there are:
- various waves shapes (triangle, square, etc)
- sounds of real ocean waves which accompany your play
- cellular grid to help you aim better
- scoring system
- storage of player's score history
You are welcome to check the game and share your suggestions. It can be downloaded from PlayMarket
- Flash Develop - IDE
- Starling - graphics engine
- Enhance - quick ads and analytis integration (it took me 3 minutes to integrate the banner, interlevel ads and retention measuring)
- Physics engine is of my own :)