Today, we would like to present our Early Access Roadmap to you. There are some important milestones ahead, so let's take a look at what you can expect in the upcoming months.
We believe it goes without saying that if we feel that certain aspects need to be adjusted or reworked, the actual release might be delayed by a couple of days in order to ensure a smoother gaming experience.
Judging from your reviews that praised the shape of the first EA release, we understand that you are looking for great gameplay and polished ideas, so that's exactly what we want to offer you in upcoming updates. And getting things right can take a bit of extra time. We hope you understand :)
December 2017: "Life on Board"
- More derelicts to explore!
- Exploration mode update:
- Adding Moving Enemies with various behavioral patterns
- Additional exploration actions (field scanner and others)
- Additional room types with new graphics
- UI update
- Additional missions and contracts
January 2018: "Illustrious Monuments"
- Tier 2 content update:
- Tier 2 ships
- Character cap raised
- Specialization system introduction
- Loot and equip update:
- New rare/unique mods for each core mod type and most extensions
- Extra extensions per each core mod type
- Additional lore and "junk" items
- Exploration update - new room types
- Scavenger's base upgrade - Research facility
- Additional NPCs, new missions and contracts
February 2018: "Friends in Dark Places"
- Character update:
- Mercenary characters for hire
- Character personalities
- Personality-trait-driven combat quips
- Additional character portraits
- More class specializations
- Introducing rival scavengers
- New missions and contracts
March 2018: "Remnants and Death Traps"
- Tier 3 content update:
- Tier 3 ships
- Character cap raised
- Arena mode updated
- New enemy types
- Exploration updates - traps for Tier 2 and Tier 3 ships
- Equipment update
- Narrative update with new NPCs, missions and contracts
- New difficulty levels - e.g. disabled saving and permadeath
- Final UI overhaul
April 2018: "Search for the Mothership" aka Full Release
- Ultimate Content Update:
- All derelicts in the game
- Story campaign complete
- All missions available
- Final music and sound effects
- Final game balancing
- All localizations implemented
- Steam Achievements
- Trading Cards
Please note that the exact release dates of each milestone will be announced at a later point. The content of each milestone can change depending on various factors (e.g. based on our internal QA process), also features on the list can be delayed due to extra work/polishing needed in order to ensure that the addition is fully functional and doesn't break the gameplay.