We are announcing our new title, Dawn of Man!
The game is a spiritual successor to our previous title Planetbase, but set in a period of time starting about 12,000 years ago, when the last glacial period ended and human populations started to grow.
You will begin controlling a small hunter-gatherer camp, then expand and evolve until the dawn of history. You will have to face the same challenges our ancestors did, thousands of years ago.
Dawn of Man features mechanics that are somewhat inspired by Planetbase but with quite a few differences (we are coding the game from scratch).
- You will be able to research new techs, to take your people from the Paleolithic up to the Iron Age.
- You will be able to micromanage them in detail (this is optional, you will still be able to do overall planning of the settlement).
- The game will be quite a bit longer, about twice the size of Planetbase.
- The environment plays a big role, you will have to learn how to deal with the different animals in order to hunt, domesticate, or defend against them.
- Combat is still not the main focus in the game, but plays an increased role, you will have to fortify your village and defend it against attacks.