Connecting the pieces!
So things are moving fast with development, I have begun to sew in the various episode components, This build you can happen upon 7+ event triggers with various mission objectives. Over the next week I hope to triple that. But I wanted to get a build out so you could see the progress. The cool thing is as I add them they begin to feed into each other. Once I have these done, I can then begin to layer them in sequence to make robust episodes. Before I do that I have to rewrite the text display engine, as the one I have is inefficient and in capable of delivering large blocks of text we will need to drive the narrative. However with this build you should see some improvement! Other notable items added is three screen resolution options and the long sought after assignable key function.
As I develop the episode components I have to add some of the missing base features along the way. Some of those additions for instance are the Medical and Engineer Scanners both of which provide functionality to those away team members. The medical scanner allows you to heal sick or wounded crew or NPC’s in battle you can heal your own guys if you team had a medical officer or render assistance to a injured NPC. The engineer panel repairs stuff, by shifting the “tumblers” to the off or on position, you can reactivate machinery, repair stuff, or lock/unlock doors.
In other news thanks to you my supporters and interested gamers we have finally earned a greenlit spot on Steam, I appreciate all those who voted and look forward to providing something unique on the Steam platform. Those who backed for a PC build can choose a Steam key if they desire. Gamesare Studios was also recently approved to be a Wii U developer so it is now possible you could see Tiny Trek on Wii U or 3ds. Though it may have to wait for a period after release so we can afford the developer kit.
I hope to get iOS testing started first of December.
In any case I look forward to your comments on this build, Backers can find the link to download in the Test Builds section at TinyTrekVoyages.com Below is a list of complete changes.
Build 151 Change log
- Assignable Keys
- Changeable resolution (480×320, 960×640, Full screen)
- Auto entry to planets and stars from solar system screen
- Speed indicator on all manual control areas
- Cloned nebula code to Ship Encounter section for main game
- WIP intro music for episodes
- WIP Episode end music
- Completed First sections of episodes
Detect Damaged ship in asteroid field, Assist out with tractor
NPC ship under attack, defend from hostile
Derelict Craft Located, Scan vessels for life signs
Weak lifesigns, beam aboard and render assistance
No lifesigns, second ship returns and attacks
Good lifesigns, its a ruse defend your self
Intercepted by another vessel
Ship attacks you
Ship requests you go to star system
- Created Engineer Scanner, allows you to repair devices and open or lock doors
- Created Medical Scanner, Scan and diagnose correctly to heal a patient
- Added ground combat cover system, Crouch to have 50% chance of avoiding being hit, crates or other obstacles provide auto cover when you stand next to them providing 100% cover.
- Weapons use power, and need to recharge on away missions
- Interaction Icon flash when Engineer, Science or Medical officer is near point of interest
- Added refuel tick sound during refuel mission