I could not quite get this out of my head, so soon after the initial release I started making improvements...
Like the initial release, the .zip contains Windows, Linux x86_64, Linux i686 and Linux ARMhf binaries (to run it on Linux you need to instal SDL2 and SDL2-mixer libraries - you can simply install those through your package manager on all common distributions)
If you mirrored the original mod anywhere, please update the mirror to this version.
1) New palette made with the intention of preserving more detail on the actor sprites. Overall the game is a bit less saturated now.
2) Actor sprites pretty much remade
2) Strafe left/right buttons are no longer hardcoded - you can customize them in the menu.
3) Added option to disable/enable minimap, crosshair and hitwall/spacebar sounds in the menu. Esc in the menu no longer quits the game - you get a confirm prompt.
4) Added difficulty levels - Easy, Normal and Hard. The game was balanced around the "Normal" difficulty - which is the same as before.
- On "Easy" you take half damage and receive half points.
- On "Hard" you take double damage and receive double points. Bosses do a bit less than double damage.
- There are no other differences between the difficulties.
5) Somewhat fixed snow for different resolutions
I will release the source code+the source files (the pallete, graphics in 24bit format, sounds, etc.) in a few days - I need to gather everything up first.